Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:10pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

GNC - CUTS

GNC usually puts out pretty good products - I use their Mega Men vitamins and they work great.

But I just came across these CUTS. They're supposed to be a dietary supplement designed to cut down body fat and replace with lean muscle mass. Apparently, they're ephedrine free, too. Has anyone here ever used them before?

If so, what did you think?
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You like expensive urine?

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you talking about?
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:16pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ingredients?

when i managed a GNC years ago, the RSD told me that every year GNC got one of the major sports supplement manufactures to make their bodybuilding products so they were high quality. i don't know if that was true then or remotely true today.

but GNC makes lots of money of people that buy products that they don't need or don't do what is advertised...which i guess lots of companies do. i would just be cautious spending money there (or any supplement store).

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you get from all these expensive supplementes is just that, expensive urine.

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikfeet509
    ingredients?

when i managed a GNC years ago, the RSD told me that every year GNC got one of the major sports supplement manufactures to make their bodybuilding products so they were high quality. i don't know if that was true then or remotely true today.

but GNC makes lots of money of people that buy products that they don't need or don't do what is advertised...which i guess lots of companies do. i would just be cautious spending money there (or any supplement store).
    I was very apprehensive about trying any supplement, after that unfortunate short bout with creatine citrate. I'll never, ever do that again.

But I decided, on a whim, to try Mega Men out, and like I said, they work great.

The first thing I noticed was that I had much more energy when I was working out. The second thing I noticed was that my libido shot through the fuckin roof. I **** you not. They really worked great for me.

But I came across CUTS and I was just wondering if they're as good as Mega Men. I don't wanna spend a ludicrous amount of cash on something that doesn't work.

I mean...if properly used, Slim Fast works for weight loss/maintenance, for that matter. But, then again, I do like to eat, too. The problem with Slim Fast is that you have to starve yourself a bit, which can't be good for your body in the long run.

If CUTS can do the same job without me having to starve myself, then I'll take it.

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vitamines are one thing, especially those with good quality zinc, but anything that is "thermogenic" is propbably laced with ephedrine or its "herbal cousin".

Not worth it.

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Care to school me on this a little, bro?

I'm a bit of a dumbass when it comes to herbals.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:31pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sustainability, man. There aren't a whole lot of products out there that you can continue taking in the long-term. If you don't have a diet and exercise routine that add up to weight-loss, then you're fecked.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:32pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    Vitamines are one thing, especially those with good quality zinc, but anything that is "thermogenic" is propbably laced with ephedrine or its "herbal cousin".

Not worth it.
    not any more, at least not in the US. ma huang is now only supposed to be sold to TCM herbalists, although i heard there a many loop-holes. i actually take ma huang in my formula for my asthma. when used in a traditional context, it is very safe. when used with caffeine and other fun things, it has the slight potential to cause problems. anyway, that is rambling.

many companies are trying to replace ma huang with other herbs that have thermogenic properties because of people's insaitable urge to take pills to lose weight without having to change their lifestyle...which usually doesn't work very well.

btw, zinc rocks. and so do zinc laden foods.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast