Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    'Challenge' wasn't so bad, I was suprised Bobby Southhworth was in such bad shape, he lost by a large margin. His stopping to rest before the finish line wasn't very impressive.
    :icon_roll How would you have done on a desert bucket run while cutting weight?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:48am

Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AFAIK they weren't aware they had to cut weight at that time...

Unemployed

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 1:57am

supporting member
     Style: Filthy Jailhouse Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chris B. is still a huge ****** that needs to die.
    MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
    "Fag."
    "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 2:02am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there no 10 count in UFC, are al knockdowns considered knockouts? Also did anyone see that guy's tooth go flying out after the second punch?
    Last edited by ojgsxr6; 2/01/2005 2:07am at .

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 2:26am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am pretty sure they knew they had to make weight, Chuck asked him if he was ok to make weight later on that night.

Saw the tooth come out, didn't expect that.
    Not all knockdowns are considered knockouts. On the replay Bobby was going there to hit him some more so the ref stopped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    :icon_roll How would you have done on a desert bucket run while cutting weight?
    I would have soldiered up and kept on going, whether it destroyed me or not.
    Attempting to draw a comparision between myself and Bobby Southworth, a much experienced MMA fighter, is a weak attempt a flaming. You can do much better than that Shumagorath.

Go see the TO McThrowdown thread.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    I would have soldiered up and kept on going, whether it destroyed me or not.
    Attempting to draw a comparision between myself and Bobby Southworth, a much experienced MMA fighter, is a weak attempt a flaming. You can do much better than that Shumagorath.
    Uh, Piz, you're always telling everyone about how you're injured and need to get more nutrients and calories or whatever, so let's not say things we don't believe. That's not a flame; that's fact. Put most of the people here on a weightloss diet then have them do that stupid challenge. You'd get the same result.

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 3:34am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mmmmmm chocolate cake, my favourite.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 10:35am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They should have told them the first day to start getting ready to make weight. That being said the way everything played out reflected somewhat poorly on Bobby. Having Chuck saying he has no heart over and over didn't help things. But he made it, and no doubt that was not an easy thing to do. He better buy Josh a nice thank you gift after getting him through that.

I thought this was the best episode yet. Showed what it really takes to get into the ring, and then still have the drive to fight and win.

I think it's bullshit they are going to make Chuck give up one of his lhw's next time. If Randy's fighter wins the next lhw bout then the odds are only 3-2. Let it play out. If Randy gets down to one lhw then you can see about having Chuck give one up.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 10:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why couldn't Southworth kick the other guy while he was down? What kind of ***** rule is that?

Overall, I am pleased with the show, training sequence and fight. I like the idea of some sort of physical challenge to decide who fights. Better than picking a name out of a hat.

Anyone know the background of the fighters last night?
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 10:46am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourettes
    I think the time and actual weight lost was exaggerated - it's reality tv. The ratio of footage shot to footage used in the final edit on these types of show is easily in the double digits. Still entertaining though, especially the outcome of the fight.

I'm sure you had a point to make. Too bad you missed it by a light year. (welcome to bullshido) Why the **** did I know that somebody was going to mention something about cutting weight? You can have a week cutting weight it's still fucking sucks.

At least Randy got his point across. Most of those light heavyweights aren't light heavyweights. That dude should be fighting 185 easily. Southworth got off real easy on that one. Fortunately he had time to recoup.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast