Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF 3

Great episode.

Interesting fight, I'm glad they didn't spend much time on the challenge.

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:09am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The series is really taking off now. They got the challenge crap out of the way quickly and got to what the sport is about. Watching Bobby go through weight-cutting hell for the knockout win and $5000 was great entertainment; selective editing aside I don't think it could have been better had they scripted it.

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:12am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

'Ultimate Fighter' Third Episode

Looks like I am the first

'Challenge' wasn't so bad, I was suprised Bobby Southhworth was in such bad shape, he lost by a large margin. His stopping to rest before the finish line wasn't very impressive.

That guy Alex Karalexis was smart, he motored hard and he won't have to risk a fight and getting eliminated.

Note how they took the wrestling coach guy to help Bobby cut weight. It was because of him Bobby actually got in the ring.

They should have told them they would have to make weight, but it made for some drama.
    I am moved to believe they added a purse later on when people were complaining.

What can we learn from all this? Don't box a box.
    I'm not one to talk but no real good damaging kicks were thrown save for one from Lodune that seemed to hit Bobby in the midsection.

Apparently Ong Bak is coming out Feb 11 round here.
    Last edited by PizDoff; 2/01/2005 12:14am at .
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I liked the fact that they showed the fight uncut and not just highlights.... losing 20 pounds in one night is some crazy ****!!

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:17am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:24am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Much better episode than last week. I'm wondering, though, how much of Bobby's trouble making weight was played up for the audience. All of those guys have cut weight, they know what they need to do and how much it sucks. Same goes for that challenge, I think Bobby wanted to get it on and he figured finishing last would guarantee him a chance to turn someone's lights out (which he did, of course). I mean, c'mon, Chuck Lidell having to hold the door shut to keep him in the sauna? I admit, it makes good television, but still.

The fight was pretty good, lots of striking and a pretty clean K.O., a good first fight to have on the series. They can let the submission wizards have their shot in the later episodes.

BTW, am I the only one who feels physical pain seeing WWE on before The Ultimate Fighter. I finally couldn't take it, I just channel-surfed and kept switching back every so often to see if it had started yet. I can't even begin to describe how pissed off I am at the 'sport' of professional wrestling. They have basically raped the **** out of one of the oldest and greatest forms of unarmed combat. Honestly, do those guys realize how ridiculous they look?
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:25am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    merged

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the next episode preview I saw Kenny choking someone.

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:27am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I hear that he knows a submission or two. . .
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2005 12:30am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the time and actual weight lost was exaggerated - it's reality tv. The ratio of footage shot to footage used in the final edit on these types of show is easily in the double digits. Still entertaining though, especially the outcome of the fight.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast