Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2003 9:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kicking heavey bags! At my fighters club we have heavy bags that are heavier and harder then others 150, 170, 200, 220lbs bags. Once I kicked a bag to near boredom without pain, then I would move down the line of bags. This is the best advice any Muay Thai fighter/trainer will give you, keep on kicking heavy bags, and when your done kicking, kick some more. Water filled "Wave Masters" bags and "BOB" are only made for kids to kick and punch!

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    2/18/2003 10:25pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This trick probably sound really stupid and shouldn't be done in sparring but here it is. If you got caught into sticky hand situtation and can't fight your way out of it. I would suggest to spit right into the person's eyes, it would most likely to cause them to blink or even try to wipe it off which would give you opporunities to attack.

For sparring, try to evade to person's side and strike them in position where they can't defense themself.

Other trick is to start moving your arms even faster and put lot of weight on your opponent until he/she is in blocking/punching frenzy then suddenly move backward or side. They would probably let their guard down and stumble toward you.

Also you can try to use judo throw on them.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2003 10:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    elbow or knee would be best

"said and done"

Posted On:
    2/18/2003 10:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol Fatality Dragon.

seriously: Try just resisting, or "tensing" your arms, see if that sticky hands motion continues..
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    2/18/2003 10:55pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Relik, elbows and knees work great. But one problem is if a person is doing sticky hand methods, they have longer reach than elbows and knees. So you will need to have a way to get close enough to your opponent to throw a elbows and knees.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Taking a break

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 4:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you resist or tense your arms, you're going to get destroyed as he capitalises on it. The only way to stop the sticky hands is to disengage and re-engage on your terms. Slipping in an elbow would be favourite I think.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 5:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the tricks is, learn to control your opponents
    energy, so he/she have to break contarkt, before they strike

I got one fist of iron the other of stell,
    if the left wont get you the right one will

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 8:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "If you resist or tense your arms, you're going to get destroyed as he capitalises on it." no i think the person would just start to wrestle with you - tried it on an inexperinced WCer, and that's what happened, but I guess I should try it against some1 with some true experience.

Why do you think he would capitalise on it?
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Taking a break

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 8:57am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Internal arts train sensitivity, and the moment you can feel tension in the other persons arms, you can bounce them, effectively a feint. If you push the arms in, the natural reaction is to push back. You then move with them, and extend them beyond where they want to be. This then opens up the attacker in a variety of ways.
    I'm not terribly good at explaining the mechanics of it, and I'm not implying that it will always work, but it is a viable option.
    Dear god, I hope someone backs me up on this....
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 12:28pm

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sam, I'll back you up.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast