Page 1 of 3 123 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

can anyone help me?

I was a thrower a few years ago and stopped doing sports for awhile but I have recently started TKD. I did a lot of weight training in the past thus I have developed broad shoulders and rather big arm and leg muscles. Is there any way to train so that i can build up my strength again but not build up humongous muscles?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...................... I hate you

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking... supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try tension training, similar to what gymnasts and a lot of other people do. Check out the Dragondoor.com forum and you'll get all the info out of his books there to try it out.

and good morning to you too supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always thought that training for stregnth led to bigger muscles. Why would you want to not build huge muscles?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You won't get huge muscles.

In order to increase mass you must eat more. You'll get stronger and you may increase in size a little but you won't get huge without consuming huge amounts of calories.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to do mantis kung fu.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boba Fett hatching from an egg. Makes...no...sense...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spot is a girl. She's looking for a way to tone without gaining muscle mass.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boba Fett hatching from an egg. Makes...no...sense.. .
    I'm so sorry I make your brain hurt.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking... supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateNinja5000
    I always thought that training for stregnth led to bigger muscles. Why would you want to not build huge muscles?
    Most fighters and athletes in strict weight classes wouldn't want to get too much bigger, and those that rely on staying about the same size but who want to get stronger (dancers, gymnasts, etc.).

Page 1 of 3 123 Last