Sponsored Links Spacer Image

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    7/13/2008 5:42pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeltat50
    This is a martial arts website. I have been told many times that martial arts begins and ends with respect.
    This is an attitude that may get you some grief at this website: Here, the idea is that martial arts begin and end with fighting -- hence "martial", after all. Respect is nice, philosophy is fine if you want it, but at Bullshido, effectiveness is king. If you do martial arts for purposes other than learning to fight, that's fine -- so long as you don't make claims about combat effectiveness that you can't back up -- but Bullshido is not the place to get a rapt audience for it.

Don't mean to knock you or anything -- this is more of a heads up. However condescending I may be to people like foxguitar, I'm generally one of the polite posters around here (polite != nice); others are...well...otherwise.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 12:00am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by foxguitar
    Thank you for validating what I have been saying.

You move my posts , when i tell you I have a close friend who trained at one of their Dojos .
    I moved your posts because, you guys weren't researching you were just arguing. I found the rank none of you bothered to find because, you were bickering. Oh and please do me a favor and don't lie.

My posts, your posts, Petter's posts, Askari's posts, Errant's posts, datamachine's posts, and shinbushi's posts were all moved. So please, do not play the persecution card. I moved the entire argument between you insulting everyone and getting angry.

and yet you keep assinine posts that degrade and call into question the man's creditability

and you have people calling him a McDojo , who dont know the first fricken thing about him

or his schools .
    Learn the definition of MCdojo and get back to me.

I think the fake in your name fits. How dare any of you call into question a persons validity

that you dont know the first thing about .
    No fake is claiming street fights validate your posting. Again with the accusations. Show me who provided proof of his credentials? It wasn't you. It was me.

Yeah I stick by what I said. Mr. Oliver validates him , and I personally know two legitimate 6

6th Dan Senseis who validate Mr. Oliver.

Who the hell validated most of you .
    No one validates you so, shut your mouth.

So go ahead move my post and call me names.
    I like how you insult people. Please show me any name calling BEFORE, you insulted me. Again this thread started over three years ago. The only one that validated anything with out hearsay was me.

So, find the right person to be mad at and grow up.

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 12:07am

Style: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    I moved your posts because, you guys weren't researching you were just arguing. I found the rank none of you bothered to find because, you were bickering. Oh and please do me a favor and don't lie.

My posts, your posts, Petter's posts, Askari's posts, Errant's posts, datamachine's posts, and shinbushi's posts were all moved. So please, do not play the persecution card. I moved the entire argument between you insulting everyone and getting angry.

Learn the definition of MCdojo and get back to me.

No fake is claiming street fights validate your posting. Again with the accusations. Show me who provided proof of his credentials? It wasn't you. It was me.

No one validates you so, shut your mouth.

I like how you insult people. Please show me any name calling BEFORE, you insulted me. Again this thread started over three years ago. The only one that validated anything with out hearsay was me.

So, find the right person to be mad at and grow up.

Ok , well put

Posted On:
    12/21/2009 7:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese View Post
    Also, I could not find any information on Pedro Melendez, the supposed Professor and Jiu-jitsu instructor of Mr Lavallee.
    His instructor is Pedro Valente, not Melendez. And he did receive his Black Belt there. http://www.graciemiami.com/

Honestly, if you just look at his school's website I can see where you get the "McDojo" stuff from. But I have met him several times personally and I can tell you he is a legit martial artist, running a very successful school since his 1st instructor left it to him when he was 17. I know a lot of his guys have gone on to win titles in amateur kickboxing as well as NAGA.

This is all just my two cents... As with anything, it's hard to tell from websites, forums, etc...

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/21/2009 8:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that's quite the necro.

Incidentally, it appears that Steve Lavallee was promoted to brown in Dec. '08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 3:21am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Levalle is very active through his "Martial Arts University International" which appears to be him more or less exporting some of his teaching style to other schools (who are probably more than eager to learn, seeing as how successful the guy is).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 1:24pm

Style: JJJ/TSD/MT/BJJ/TLA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MAUI is less for his style of teaching and more for how to run the business side of things. They meet once a quarter, do phone calls every week, etc. Lots of talk about getting new members, keeping old ones, what kind of systems to use to run the operation, etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 7:57pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LThornton View Post
    MAUI is less for his style of teaching and more for how to run the business side of things. They meet once a quarter, do phone calls every week, etc. Lots of talk about getting new members, keeping old ones, what kind of systems to use to run the operation, etc.
    That's what i meant, yeah. I was folding teaching under all the parts of running a school
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234