Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 4:53am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jud0wned (Judo and the WC)

Alright, I know everyone has posted the I beat X Win Chun fighter etc, etc type of stories, but damnit I have been on here an ass long time so I am posting mine too!
    About a month ago my instructor told me he had some WC people that were interested in learning ground work. They both work at the same company as him. One of them who has many years of WC was teaching one of the other employees.
    My instructor works with the guy that was teaching and said the guy was nice but did a lot of stuff that well, was bullshido. Like pinching to break a two handed choke...stuff like that. But he was a pretty nice guy.
    Last wed I show up to help teach them. Went over the basic ground crap, break falls etc.
    Then the fun starts...my instructor tells me to restrain the WC teacher. Doesn't really set any rules and tells the guy he can do whatever he wants to avoid me. Now, since we only really do grappling there I figured we would just be grappling.
    So, I reach out take a grip and he hits me. I just figured he was just doing "aggresive gripping" but he keeps doing this, which honestly confused me. I look over at my instructor and he gave me a nod so I figured "**** it, I will just grapple his ass." Go in clinch up and he keeps thrwoing those little chain punch things. Don't hurt but they were getting on my nerves. He pushed down on my shoulders and I shot and locked the double leg but I would have slammed him into the wall. We get restarted, this time I moved in tied up his arms and decided "Why not?" and went for a flying armbar. Missed it, got guard, closed up guard and just sat there. He started pushing on my throat, doing all the stupid clueless ****. I just keep pushing his hips back and laying there with a board look on my face. I finally get tired of the sillyness sweep to mount, instructor ends it.
    We start over and this guy comes out throwing his little punch thingies again, he manages to hit me in the face with one. Did it hurt? No, but it was annoying. I tied him up again with a head and arm clinch. I look over at my instructor and ask if I can hit back. He tells me go ahead. I slam a few knees into his body about 1/2 force but enough to make him "oooof." Decide to thow him sumigaeshi because a normal foward throw would have crushed him good from that angle. Go for the throw and over rotated and end up in butterfly guard. I get one underhook reach on through and tie up his other arm. At this point I decide it is time to introduce him to the wonders of liver shots. I throw a half dozen lovetaps and then decide to triangle him.
    This is where my problem comes in, 3 days prior I strained my hip dancing and couldn't get the pressure to work the choke. He starts to stack me and I roll over to a mount and it ends.
    Fastfoward to the next week- Work some basic stuff with him and get to the "free sparring" segment.
    My instructor, remebering the last week limited me to just taking him down and finishing him. He is aloud to do whatever he wants besides full power strikes to the face.
    We start off and I immeaditly tie up and get a shitty as take down that I just roll over to guard. I hold him for a minute trying to let him work a pass or something. Finally get bored and go for the triangle again, still not enough pressure so I just finish with the armbar.
    Next round, I decided that I was tired of his little hits and if he wanted to throw some shots at me, I was going to throw a little back. Now I wasn't going to **** around with boxing him because A. I had no MMA gloves and B.I didn't want to realy **** him up, just let him know that grapplers can hit also. So we start and we clinch up, now he is trying to throw his WC crap at me, but it simply doesn't work, I break his posture and again throw some knees that were maybe 3/4 power. This took the fight right out of him after the first. He just kinda balled up to block the other knees, so I throw some body shots at about the same force level. I end up doing some sacrifice throw to a mount and kimura. Easy peasy.
    So, basically a green belt in Judo just toyed around a guy teaching WC and I was thoroughly not impressed.
    The gentemen in question is a nice guy, but just not impressing me with his martial skill.
    He also went against gimpface and got beat solidly both times, but I will try and get gimpface to post on that.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 5:18am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rocked. Nicely done. Did he start to learn any ground stuff though? Be interesting to see if he started to improve and evolve the stuff into his WC or something. Guess he didnt..?
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 6:31am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gimpface?

Nice story, I have yet to beat up a true WC guy; the pummeling of a JKD dork doesn't quite qualify- even if it was fun.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 7:31am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My accolades for calling out inferior martial artists extend only to a Shotokan instructor and a TKD 4th Dan *I'm quite proud of the last one - he's the Tasmanian ITF branch manager - Steve Weston.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 8:08am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice work. Was there much of a size/muscle mass difference between you ?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, it'd be nice if just once the wingchunner came out best in one of these stories. Hey it might happen (and monkeys might fly out of my butt).

Anyway, nice work on educating him on the importance of groundfighting (and the weaknesses of WC) Greese1.

Jonny

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 8:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You realise that, IF he had been able to use the deadly Bil Gee, you would have lost and eye, ear, throat ripped out, arm pit shaved, thumb broken, navel lint removed, prostate examined and your big toe pruned.

Consider yourself very lucky.

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 8:45am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And to think I could have continued practicing judo for the last eight years. Nowadays I can hardly remember how to do an osoto gari or a harai goshi.

Ronin, I can´t believe you got to 15,000 posts.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Titan

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone should really tally results such as these up and produce some kind of chart
    to show the information in a clear, no-nonsense manner.

"You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 9:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn !!
    I didn't even notice !!
Page 1 of 34 1 234511 ... LastLast