Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 7:44pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Easing back into things

About a month an a half ago I got pretty damn sick, and can only guess that I had the flu. So FINALLY I am starting to get back to normal, but I still have some stiffness in my joints and a hell of a lot of muscle aches. Clearly I'm not going to just jump back into training when I'm not feeling all better, but I think that the stiffness and aches could be in part because of how innactive I've been while sick. Painfully bored for a month and a half doing half-assed shadow boxing and playing video games.

So what should I be doing to get myself back into training? I was considering maybe some slow and easy jumping rope, push ups and shadow boxing followed by stretching. Is there anything nutritionally I should be hunting down? Is it likely there will be some point where I will just have to suck it up and jump into training again, or is it possible to ease in?

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 7:51pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would ease in, probably start with stretching...and would keep doing that till I get back at least the high majority of my normal flexibility. Then I would probably start to ease back in on the training. Going full right away, should give you a larger chance of pulling something....which could put you off for another while.

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 7:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just get back into whatever you were doing.

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 11:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jump right into a few core classes. If you can shadow box and do push-ups, your probably ready for core.

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 1:18am

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rest. wait until you are completely better to get back into training. Then just ease back in for a week.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 1:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say to wait till your 100 percent. What's the point in rushing things? You'll either make yourself worse or injur yourself. If you have jamba juice in your area, start drinkin jamba juice cold busters. Also start taking vitamins, stuff like royal jelly etc

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 1:24pm

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonanton
    I'd say to wait till your 100 percent. What's the point in rushing things? You'll either make yourself worse or injur yourself. If you have jamba juice in your area, start drinkin jamba juice cold busters. Also start taking vitamins, stuff like royal jelly etc
    Multivitamins...maybe Vit. C for your immune system...And take Zicam...GET OVER YOUR COLD 3x FASTER WITH ZICAM...we hope.

Posted On:
    1/27/2005 2:58pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Breaking a sweat will be good for you. Get back into it but make sure your hydrated. See how you feel during and after class if your crappy rest a day and get back on it again.

Where you sick for six weeks till now or did you have the lingering cough until now?
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."