Loving Father

Posted On:
    1/28/2005 5:14am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CC:
    Don't worry about your core, and forearms so much. Riding has developed them to the point where the rest of you needs to catch up. As for the rest. . .sift through what's been offered here, ask more questions to get specifics on each exercise before changing, and make sure you know why you are weight training, and what your goals are. then you can more easily take a look at where you are, and plan how to get where you want to be.

Good luck.
    `~/

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/28/2005 6:30am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never forget about your core. Your core can never be too strong, and having a strong core will positively affect the entire rest of your body. Just so you know too, the core is a lot more than just your abs.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    1/28/2005 7:03am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you recommend in regards to pullups and the popping in her shoulder TBM?
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Loving Father

Posted On:
    1/28/2005 7:05am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TBM: Yeah, maybe I didn't phrase it right. CC mentioned that she didn't feel as much of a burn there as other places, when she lifted weights. I was just letting her know that those muscles already get a workout from her other pursuits (horses & judo), and not to focus on that perceived limitation, as the general workout will balance things out eventually.

`~/

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/28/2005 7:21am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master
    Never forget about your core. Your core can never be too strong, and having a strong core will positively affect the entire rest of your body. Just so you know too, the core is a lot more than just your abs.
    This is extremely important, I wish I could give you more reputation points.

I'm going to start a new thread with this subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 2:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you recommend in regards to pullups and the popping in her shoulder TBM?
    Hard to say. It depends on what's causing the popping. I don't know if it's the adduction movement that's causing it, or if she swings a lot when doing them or what. It could be a variety of things, and depending on exactly what part of it caused the popping, I would have different recommendations. It's really one of those things where I'd need to see her in person.

- The Wastrel

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 2:57am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know too much about weight training or body building...

But people are disagreeing all over the place here.

I can only conclude that there is a tremendous amount of disinformation floating around all over the place and that most people don't know what they're doing at the gym.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 3:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The word you're looking for is MISinformation, and you're absolutely right.

- The Wastrel

Too sick and broken to train

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 3:17am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master
    Hard to say. It depends on what's causing the popping. I don't know if it's the adduction movement that's causing it, or if she swings a lot when doing them or what. It could be a variety of things, and depending on exactly what part of it caused the popping, I would have different recommendations. It's really one of those things where I'd need to see her in person.
    Just like my feet. I'm seeing a theme. When can I come visit?

I don't swing; I know better than to use my momentum - it defeats the why I am doing them. Basically, I just don't worry about it. Pullups with an underhand grip are the only thing that make it pop. I can jump onto, off and back on, and do various manner of interesting things on the back of a loping horse without it bothering me. That was more of an offhand comment. I have no doubt that it is something from one of my many old injuries.

Updated plan for tomorrow AM: (actually, today, in about 4.5 hours. Heh.)

Warmup - running for about 10 minutes, then stretch.

Bent over rows: 3 x 15. Did them Friday, I liked.

Regular squats: Gonna mess around with the weight and do for 3 x 15, maybe 4, depending on what my first set looks like.

DB BP: 3 x 15. I think, last time, that I used 30's, then 40's, then 45's, and all that was really difficult was the last rep or two of the last set, and I could still finish decently easily. Tomorrow might be different with all the work stress, though.

DB side bends. 3 x 15? Easy to remember, if I have a standard set of numbers for everything.

DB Deadlifts: 3 x 15. Not totally sure. Might resort back to GM's.

Good Mornings: 3 x 15. They made my back tingle pleasantly, so they're a keeper, unless I like DB deadlifts better than I liked BB deadlifts.

Flyes: 3 x 15. Last time, they made me feel uber-weak. I think I, like used 15's for my all of 2 x 12, 10.

Incline Situps: 3 x 8, with more weight. I know that I can do situps all day, I want to do less, but work on power.

Then, obviously, my mandatory heavy stretching.

Yay. We'll see how it goes.
    You're just JEALOUS!

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 8:30am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't do deadlifts and good mornings on the same day. Your lower back muscles should be sufficiently fatigued from the deadlifts making the good mornings potentially dangerous.

You probably don't even need to be doing squats and deadlifts on the same day either.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast