Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/20/2005 6:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Need help with certain exercises

I will be following the DeFranco´s training program soon. The problem is that I cannot tell how some of the exercises listed are done. Yes, I´ve already checked this page, but some of them, I just cannot find.

So, here´s a list with the exercises I don´t know, if any of you can post a pic of how it´s done or has a usefull link, I would appreciate if you´d care to share that knowledge.

Many thanks.

-Barbell floor presses
    -Seated dumbbell power cleans
    -Rope pulls to throat
    -Barbell russian twists

New added:

-Box squats
    -Rack pulls
    -Low-cable pull-ins
    -Romanian deadlifts
    Last edited by Lights Out; 1/30/2005 9:16pm at .

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    1/20/2005 7:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    -Barbell floor presses
    These are basically doing the bench press on the floor. You'll need a good spotter. Simply lay down on the floor like you're on a bench (don't forget your form), have your buddy put the weight in your hands, and do bench presses. For a visual reference, http://www.weightliftingdiscussion.c...bellpress.html

-Seated dumbbell power cleans
    Never heard of these to be completely honest. I've heard of power cleans and power cleans with dumbbells, but not while seated.

-Rope pulls to throat
    You need cables for that, you can find cables at any gym. In this case, you'll need to hook up the rope attachment. It's just like doing tricep pulldowns, you're just using a rope instead of a metal bar. Hook the rope attachment up to the top, stand up straight, put both hands palm in on the rope, and pull down while keeping your back and head straight. They could mean the other way as well, connecting it to the bottom and pulling upwards, but the first seems the most likely.

-Barbell russian twists
    Here's the twists: http://www.betterbodz.com/abs/russiantwist.html I imagine they're called barbell russian twists because you hold a barbell while doing them. You'll have to play around with it for a while, because I've never done those.

Here's more on twists:

http://www.realbodybuildingsecrets.c...ian-twists.php

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 8:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And another question:

squats or deadlifts? Which one you would pick?

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 8:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, JKD Concepts, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Box Squats - standard squat with a "box" placed behind you...as you squat down, your posterior makes contact with the "box" (typically when your thighs are parallel to the floor) signalling it's time to reverse the move.

Squats or Deadlifts?...both.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 9:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwerb
    Squats or Deadlifts?...both.
    You´re right, stupid question.

Many thanks.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 11:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WHat is the benefit of doing the bench press laying down on the floor, instead of laying down on a bench ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 3:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    WHat is the benefit of doing the bench press laying down on the floor, instead of laying down on a bench ?
    Well, first off, you don't need to buy a bench so there's one benefit :) Here's a guy giving his opinion that most people seem to agree with.

http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/message/224392/

I use a bench most of the time simply because most of the guys I go with can't spot me if I'm doing floor presses and benches are a bit safer as you actually have a place to hook it on rather than trying to throw it over your head if you lose it and your partner's not there.