Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 9:03pm

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Make your Picks for UFC 51!

The predictions for UFC 51 are open!

We are using a new software that we created. It only takes 2mn to do your predictions, you'll be able to choose the winner, which method and which round.

At the end of the event, the software calculates the results and gives us the scores of everybody. We will put up on the main page the best and the worst preditions.

Also many new videos in the mutimedia section been added.

Check it out at www.kakuto.com

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 8:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm...become a member of that board just to make predictions?

No.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 7:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when is it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 5:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats the dumbest thing I have heard in a while, for a mma section. The main idea with predictions is to make your analysis of how you think the fight will go and why. Games are for juveniles...

Doesnt look like there are many mma types on this forum....damn.

Sat, Feb 5, 10 pm est

Card:

Tito Ortiz vs. Vitor Belfort
    Tim Sylvia vs. Andre Arlovski
    Evan Tanner vs. David Terrell
    Phil Baroni vs. Pete Sell
    David Loiseau vs. Joe Riggs
    James Irvin vs. Mike Kyle
    Justin Eilers vs. Paul Buentello
    Nick Diaz vs. Drew Fickett
    Karo Parisyan vs. Chris Lytle

Ortiz/belfort is the fight to see who stays in 3rd place in the UFC, and who goes begging to Pride. Ortiz has no real finishing skills except for power wrestling, get a td, and control and do some gnp and get a points win. Worked with all his opponents in title defense, all smaller guys, Tito fought up to Couture. I dont think it will work with Belfort. Also, Tito sucks at standup, and is likely to get nailed. Belforts problem is his attitude--he lacks a killer instinct and intensity, a lot of times. Belfort.

Sylvia/Arlovski -- Tim is a big, clumsy bozo who lucked out to become champ. With Mir he was clueless on the ground--the uberbozo. Arlovski should make short work of him, ala Mir, but then Arlovski seems to have brain lesions. Against Rizzo, he apparenly never looked at tape and never seemed to realize if you get Pedro down, he is done. And if you stand with Rizzo a whole fight, you better be a better striker (or faster, like Randleman) than he is, or you might get pounded, like Barnett. So he got pounded. The battle of the morons, but you have to give the nod to Arlovski--way more talent.

Tanner/Terrell -- Tanner did a convincing job with Baroni, and has a variety of skills. Terrell went against the top MW, Lindland, and though he is known as a grappler (and maybe because of that, Lindlands guard was down) he found Lindland coming in wide open and so he threw a punch and go a KO...

How good is Terrell? He lost to Vernon White in his first fight, and has some wins over so-so fighters but his fluke with Lindland was his only bigtime win. I think you have to go with Tanner.

Baroni/sell -- Baroni gets a gift. Sell is a fill-in for Lawler, who is despondent, or injured, or something...

Loiseau/riggs -- Riggs has dropped down from the next class up, and is a powerhouse. I expect a pounding for loiseau.

Irvin/Kyle/Eilers/Buentello -- a group of journeyman HW's who are pretty one dimensional, and basically brawler/striker types... But then the whole UFC HW class isnt much, with probably only a couple of guys in the world top ten, and maybe less than that. So maybe these guys are supposed to pass for potential contenders.... Yawn....

Diaz/Fickett -- Fickett is new to the bigtime, but has a zillion subs in lesser events. Diaz is the real deal, and lost a split dec to Karo. Seems to be the more rounded fighter. I'll take Diaz

Karo/Lytle -- should be a great fight, both very talented. A toss up in my book. I'll take Lytle.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    1/30/2005 9:02pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tanner.
    Sylvia.
    Belfort.
    Baroni.
    Irvin.
    Diaz.
    Karo.
    Diesel Riggs.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 1:21am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Belfort over Ortiz for sure. Ortiz is great but he's lost something like his last two fights against Couture and Liddell. Belfort got bullied my Couture, but I don't think Ortiz has the skills to do that to him.

The only time I've seen Tim Sylvia fight was against Mir when his forearm snapped within the first minute or so; and despite the man's ability to shrug it off and want to keep fighting, he didn't really impress me. Never seen Andre, so I'm not too sure.

The rest, I couldn't really care; none of them are awesome standout fighters yet. Exception to Nick Diaz; that dude REALLY impresses me. Good ground game, good boxing. Give him enough time and he'll be awesome.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 8:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyroller

Tito Ortiz vs. Vitor Belfort
    Tim Sylvia vs. Andre Arlovski
    Evan Tanner vs. David Terrell
    Phil Baroni vs. Pete Sell
    David Loiseau vs. Joe Riggs
    James Irvin vs. Mike Kyle
    Justin Eilers vs. Paul Buentello
    Nick Diaz vs. Drew Fickett
    Karo Parisyan vs. Chris Lytle
    Belfort by sub.
    Sylvia by KO
    Tanner by KO
    Baroni by KO
    Riggs by sub.
    Kyle by sub.
    Eilers by sub.
    Diaz by sub.
    Parisyan by KO.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Taking a break

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 9:41am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    News for UK viewers - Bravo is showing it at 9:00 pm, Sun 6th Feb.

Whooohooo! Don't have to pay!
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 9:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that is so cool!!!!

Posted On:
    1/31/2005 10:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Joseph 'Diesel' Riggs might be out against David "The Crow" Loiseau due to a cut he suffered training.
    www.sherdog.com

Quote Originally Posted by unholyroller
    Doesnt look like there are many mma types on this forum....damn.
    Haha.
    In reality people just care less about the UFC.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast