Don't mess with the Mega-Buster

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 6:15pm

supporting member
     Style: A+B, D-Pad

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rehab for a broken ankle?

hey Brandeis I'm lookin at you buddy, I know YOU have health insurance and got to go get the leeches applied and all, share some knowledge with us DIY types . Seriously I been trying to walk it off but its lingering so if anyone knows any exercises let me know...shoulder injury too while we're at it...and good recipes for chicken ...and cookies

...and commnets about Dr.Who or that show Eight is enough.
    yeah

lets keep alot of this going on
    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
    -Whiteshark

I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 6:22pm

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please list vivid details of how you obtained this most gruesome injury.
    People like to listen to other people talk about hurting themselves.

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 6:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well...it was yet another of lifes finer moments, having the weekend before defeated my first opponent in an MMA match I went to get my copy of smashing machine back from my freind EDDie. Eddie is/was a boxer and a wrestler and an all around tough dude and at the time outweighs me by about thirty pounds. Anyways, when I janut up to the fouth floor and into his house he is waitng and jumps me from begind the door, a short tussle later and SNAP my ankle refuse to move on a beer stymied floor. I was very upset and my friend got to prove how tough he was. All in all a great night.
    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

-Whiteshark

I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 6:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't actually b reak any bones, just a torn anteriofibular ligament, and a torn capsule.

If the swelling is on the outside edge of your ankle, you probalby sprained it. The best medicine is RICE( Rest, ice, compression, and elevation). Use an ace bandage, or a handwrap, and wrap the ankle pretty tight, but not so tight as to cut off circulation. The best way to heal it, is to stay off it until the ligaments have repaired(scarred) themselves back to normal.

You might want to consider crutches, or even an air cast(I have an air cast on right now). After you have taken it easy for a couple weeks, then start doing some minor stretches (towel pulling your toes towards your body while seated, and calf raises.

And Dynamo, that's not the same injury from months ago is it?

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 6:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh hell yeah, I've been training on it since december, it is still slightly swollen and tender and I can't jump on it alone more than three times...I duno I guess I just need to focus on strengthening...calf raises eh?...oh yeah and try navigating a blizzard with one soft foot...it is the SUCK!....nice Av btw

-Whiteshark

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 7:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. 800mg of ibuprofin every 8 hours will help the swelling