Posted On:
    1/25/2005 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMack11
    That's kind of the plan.

So would it be possible to get some good takedown defense training at an MMA school? For example, at the school I've linked below? I figured that most of these types of schools would incorporate a lot of takedowns since that's where you want your fighters to be--on the ground.

http://www.austinjj.com/

Thanks for the input.
    I would guess so, but the takedowns and takedown defenses that BJJ uses are wrestling and judo techniques so take that for what it's worth

on another note, you can't lose going to a Relson Gracie JJ school, so I would definitely recommend it
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 1:59pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te No Kage!
    I would guess so, but the takedowns and takedown defenses that BJJ uses are wrestling and judo techniques so take that for what it's worth

on another note, you can't lose going to a Relson Gracie JJ school, so I would definitely recommend it
    Cool. Yeah, I'm not really interested in where the techniques came from, as long as they work.

One more question for you guys--Do you think it would benefit me significantly if I started going 1x / week? It would be ~3 hours, but there's no way I can make it out more than 1 day a week right now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12