230782 Bullies, 4787 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 86
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,076

    Posted On:
    4/11/2008 12:58pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vadha1
    Im not shitting on any style, just shitting on some commercialized schools within all styles. there were vadha kempo schools that tried being commercial store front schools as well.. In my honest opinion any style is good. NO one style is better then another it all depends on who teaches you as opposed to what style you learn..
    Fine. You interjected two other arts in your proof your school/style is legit.

    The schools I posted engage in the same thing you deride and carry your name.

    So, what is your point?

    Right now, since you supported a poster gone for three years, I think you are stirring the pot.

    Please prove me wrong. Also, what school are you training at. The whole "underground" school is a crap excuse.

    In other words I think you are trolling.
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,076

    Posted On:
    4/11/2008 1:04pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vadha1
    Well tradionally oversees there were no belt colors.. One would simply wear a white belt to hold there gi closed.. Over the years of training that belt would gardually change colors by getting dirty.. One was considered an expert by the time there belt was so dirty that it was Black.. When schools were opening up here in the US most schools would have the normal, White, Yellow, Green, Brown, then Black belt and then a master would wear a red sash..
    The colors would represent experience ie:

    White= Purity
    Yellow= enlightenment
    Green= Growth
    Brown= Roots
    Black= Depth & Power
    Really? Do more research please. You are making some very fundamental mistakes. Also, the belt dirt is straight up bullshit. It is an urban legend.


    Most commercial schools added colors like Blue, Purple, orange to generate income. They would add these colors and charge students for gradings & ranks, therefore the more ranks = the more money the school would make off of a student.
    All colors were made up and it was done over seas.
    Do more research.

    If Jigoro Kano was alive he'd stomp you in the face.
  3. vadha1 is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    7

    Posted On:
    4/11/2008 1:07pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Vadha

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kung fu joe,, no disrespect but think about what your saying.. I've been in alot of real street fights, and seen alot of street fights. Ive seen people that never studied 1 style beat black belts. I've seen Black belts in kung fu beat blacks belts in karate. Karate black belts beat kung fu black belts.. BJJ black belts getting there face kicked in by there opponents friends because he thought it was a good idea to try and grapple in a bar fight. On the street any person stands a chance.. As far as im concerned in real life situations is what all martial arts are for.. And any person that puts in the time and heart to get good at any stlye, and learns what works and doesnt work on the streets will live to see another day when they really need to use what they trained for years to do!

    Now if you were to say that different styles are better then others in certain controlled areas then you would be right.. for example a Maui Thai fighter has no chance in a grappling match.. And vice versa.. But if you think about it who really cares about what happens in a controlled environment..
  4. cyrijl is offline
    cyrijl's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,796

    Posted On:
    4/11/2008 1:13pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol...if this isn't a troll i don't know who the **** is. Please, please regal us all with more cliches and untruths.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,076

    Posted On:
    4/11/2008 1:17pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.judoinfo.com/obi.htm

    Read.

    Dr. Jigoro Kano is credited with creating the belt rank system.

    Make sure you read the article The gi as we know it wasn't created yet and they practiced in Kimonos.

    Dr. J. Kano was also credited as creating the modern judogi.

    Make sure you notice he lives oversea and what colors were used.








    *Hint it isn't the number you claim.
  6. Kung-Fu Joe is offline
    Kung-Fu Joe's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    929

    Posted On:
    4/11/2008 1:47pm


     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vadha1
    Kung fu joe,, no disrespect but think about what your saying.. I've been in alot of real street fights, and seen alot of street fights.
    ...as have many of us.

    Ive seen people that never studied 1 style beat black belts.
    Hell, I've done this myself. In high school, before I ever took a single martial art, I beat a buddy of mine while rough-housing. He was a TKD black-belt, and accused me of "cheating" because I grabbed him.

    I've seen Black belts in kung fu beat blacks belts in karate. Karate black belts beat kung fu black belts..
    Again, no argument of this, on my part. Karate and Kung-Fu, both, are so oversaturated that it's very difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

    BJJ black belts getting there face kicked in by there opponents friends because he thought it was a good idea to try and grapple in a bar fight.
    I'll call Bullshit, again, on this one. I've never heard of even a single BJJ Black Belt advocating a ground-fight when it can be avoided. In fact, the higher-level BJJ practitioners are usually the first to dissuade their students from going to the ground in a street fight.

    On the street any person stands a chance.. As far as im concerned in real life situations is what all martial arts are for.. And any person that puts in the time and heart to get good at any stlye, and learns what works and doesnt work on the streets will live to see another day when they really need to use what they trained for years to do!

    Now if you were to say that different styles are better then others in certain controlled areas then you would be right.. for example a Maui Thai fighter has no chance in a grappling match.. And vice versa.. But if you think about it who really cares about what happens in a controlled environment..
    Well, sure, if you enter an Apple into an Orange competition, the Apple doesn't have much of a chance. However, that's not what we're talking about.

    Certain "styles" advocate impractical techniques and ridiculous theories. Other styles do not. The latter are universally better than the former.

    --Joe
  7. vadha1 is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    7

    Posted On:
    4/11/2008 1:53pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Vadha

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Their were other martial arts around long before Judo! The oldest styles never used a belt rank system, and that is where the colors come from.. It is the styles like Yoga, Vadha & Kung Fu that had no color rank system and what you claim is an urban legend is in fact reality..
  8. Kung-Fu Joe is offline
    Kung-Fu Joe's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    929

    Posted On:
    4/11/2008 2:00pm


     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vadha1
    Their were other martial arts around long before Judo! The oldest styles never used a belt rank system, and that is where the colors come from.. It is the styles like Yoga, Vadha & Kung Fu that had no color rank system and what you claim is an urban legend is in fact reality..
    There were plenty of martial arts before Judo-- even in Japan. Judo's only about 130 years old.

    However, if you're going to make the claim that Yoga, Vadha, and Kung-Fu practitioners of antiquity trained with white belts that accumulated dirt and blackened, you'll need to provide some sort of historical evidence to support that position. Otherwise, you're simply propagating the same urban legend that people have been telling for decades.

    --Joe
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,076

    Posted On:
    4/11/2008 2:01pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vadha1
    Their were other martial arts around long before Judo! The oldest styles never used a belt rank system, and that is where the colors come from.. It is the styles like Yoga, Vadha & Kung Fu that had no color rank system and what you claim is an urban legend is in fact reality..
    Okay for the slow people:


    Well tradionally oversees there were no belt colors..
    Yes, there were. I already proved that is where the ranks came from in the first place.

    One would simply wear a white belt to hold there gi closed..
    They wore a belt to keep their kimono closed and it had nothing to do with rank or color.

    Over the years of training that belt would gardually change colors by getting dirty
    Urban legend. The belt system was created by Dr J. Kano who was an educator. It had nothing to do with dirt.

    One was considered an expert by the time there belt was so dirty that it was Black..
    No, it wasn't. See above for clarification.

    Also, if they used no belt ranks, how did they then create the colors for said ranks?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/11/2008 2:03pm at .
  10. cyrijl is offline
    cyrijl's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,796

    Posted On:
    4/11/2008 2:06pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yoga is not a martial art.

    Hey, can i have some of your Kool-Aid?
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.