OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/18/2005 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatejohn718
    you know what, try reading my posts and understanding them when someone pays you a compliment you misenterpert it to be a put down. your obviously the one with add. we train against multiple attackers much like any other style, kicking punching, throwing, deflecting, redirecting, do you want me to name a specific type of movement? ain't gonna happen! and i also said bjj was a great style, never put it down, and i don't train in only one system, where you do! get some years under your belt before you start talking hard, it seems like most people on this site have been training since around the time you were born, yet your the expert on the forum.
    So do you spar vs multiple attackers?

Actually, I do MMA too, but I don't list it as a style yet because it's a new class and we haven't started sparring yet. It'll probably be another month before that happens. Also, I don't have time to train more than that. I have this thing called "school" you see. To go to "school" I have to pay "money" which I get from "working". You following me? Good. So, since I work, and go to school, it's kind of hard to find time to train in multiple styles, don't you agree?

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 8:59am

Style: vadha kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    So do you spar vs multiple attackers?

Actually, I do MMA too, but I don't list it as a style yet because it's a new class and we haven't started sparring yet. It'll probably be another month before that happens. Also, I don't have time to train more than that. I have this thing called "school" you see. To go to "school" I have to pay "money" which I get from "working". You following me? Good. So, since I work, and go to school, it's kind of hard to find time to train in multiple styles, don't you agree?

PL
    yes i sparr multiple attackers.

no i don't agree.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 12:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Well that's awesome. I used to do that in TKD. Since it was TKD, it wasn't "hardcore" or anything. I bet nobody lasts very long, though.

2) Then you must live in the Astral plane, where everything is free, time is infininte, and furries are eager to satisfy your every need.

PL

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 12:15pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I definitely agree with poop-loops (heehee poop-loops) that job and school attendance would take away enough free time that proper training in multiple styles would be difficult if not impossible... Note I say proper training.

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 2:26pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    I definitely agree with poop-loops (heehee poop-loops) that job and school attendance would take away enough free time that proper training in multiple styles would be difficult if not impossible... Note I say proper training.
    I would chime in thusly:

1) If you're relatively inexperienced then (personally) I'd not recommend cross-training right away, especially if your time is limited.

2) If you've already got a strong foundation (tough to gauge, but let's just say 5-10 years in a single art, or a black belt or two...), you could probably divide up your time and still make gains.

I personally train 3 times per week in 4 classes: Karate (x2), Iaido/Kendo (x1-2), and BJJ (x1). It's tough balancing work and family (wife+1 kid), but I think it's still do-able. I may opt out one of my iaido/kendo classes for a BJJ class, however, because I'm really enjoying the BJJ classes.

-daGorilla

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 2:31pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point. I overlooked that.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 2:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, but how much do you pay for all that? I pay $100/mo for BJJ with a few MMA classes in it. If I wanted to start another MA, I'd be looking at spending another $70/mo + gear. I'm not exactly rich, so I can't afford that.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 10:02pm

Style: vadha kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    1) Well that's awesome. I used to do that in TKD. Since it was TKD, it wasn't "hardcore" or anything. I bet nobody lasts very long, though.

2) Then you must live in the Astral plane, where everything is free, time is infininte, and furries are eager to satisfy your every need.

PL
    yeah you know it all bro!
    i agree school and a job are full time gigs, try running three business, full time! so yeah i guess i live in the ASTRAL PLANE, i work harder than you know and still find time to train!

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 10:57pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey skatejohn,

Are you going to answer my question concerning proving Vadha's ties to Tibet, or will you make you're life a bit easier by agreeing that Vadha's point of origin is simply unknown or based on an unreliable story.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 12:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatejohn718
    yeah you know it all bro!
    i agree school and a job are full time gigs, try running three business, full time! so yeah i guess i live in the ASTRAL PLANE, i work harder than you know and still find time to train!
    In multiple styles at that. Not only must your businesses be doing very well for you to afford that (hey, minimum wage doesn't get me far), but you must still be superhuman. You should thank your parents for superior genes.

PL
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast