OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatejohn718
    oh bjj was your last choice, so you settled for something you might not even be interested in? wow! you relize you just put down the only style you study, which happens to be a great style but not against multiple attackers. awesome! X-TREME! lol!
    I wasn't interested in it, but now I'm hooked. I never imagined grappling could be so complex, painful, yet fun.

You're style teaches against multiple attackers? How so?

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 7:23pm

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... feelig a little antagonistic today...

Winning or losing 1 fight in the UFC doesn't make you a good or bad fighter...

you are not a good fighter until you've kicked MY ass!

There... I feel better now.

You may continue without further interuption.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 8:48pm

Style: vadha kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey lotion thanks for being level headed, john currently teaches in staten island ny and although he cut all ties to vadha kempo he still uses much of their concepts. he was instrumental in bringing up the ground fighting aspect of vadha kempo, many improvments were made to vadha kempos ground fighting because of his backround in wrestling.
    i think he did great for his first time in the ufc i wish he would have persued that route further, he's a very intelligent guy, high school biology teacher, pre-med student , and entrepeneur. all around great guy! hopefully that fight wasn't the last of him (even though it was a while ago, ufc 10 to be exact). it's very hard to judge a person on one fight especially against gary goodrich. it's my opinion that the fight was called too early if they would have given him just a little more who knows how it would have ended.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 8:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "... feelig a little antagonistic today...

Winning or losing 1 fight in the UFC doesn't make you a good or bad fighter...

you are not a good fighter until you've kicked MY ass!

There... I feel better now.

You may continue without further interuption."

hey dngruss1 that was good i like that,lol!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 9:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey poop, grappling is an art form that's for sure, fun **** right? well maybe not the sweaty men laying on top of each other part but it is like a chess game! haha!
    as far as multiple attackers it's hard to fight them when you're on the floor of a bar and the dudes friends are kicking your head in, alot of people think that they can start bjj and that will be the end all be all of training, gotta get the hand **** in there as well. hopefully you can take out a few guys before it gets to the ground and then you if it comes to grappling you will know how to defend. but hey all fighting is unpredictable, we run through these ideal situations in our heads while training and try to make them as real as possible. that's what training is all about rehearsing different things over and over so that we may become more fluid in our movements so we don't have to think about defending ourselves in real applications.

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 9:10pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see nothing wrong with a style not doing well in tournaments. So long as we are talking about traditional point sparring tounaments and not "less-restricted" ones of course. :)

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 10:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we run through these ideal situations in our heads while training and try to make them as real as possible. that's what training is all about rehearsing different things over and over so that we may become more fluid in our movements so we don't have to think about defending ourselves in real applications.
    Sounds like Hawaiian Kempo (or Kajukenbo). The emphasis on fluid movement in reaction to the attack, applying principles, improvising and kicking ass. The Tibet thing is bothersome... But what the hell, I don't quiz Prof Emperado on the question of Chow's father actually being a (ha ha) monk who taugh him and then learned the centuries old style of Kosho Shorei Ryu Kempo from Mitose, who was learned in the ancient family art, and then taught it to his father, Adriano, who by the way had learned Kali as a child from an Uncle... bla bla bla. When he knelt on my head and had me in a standing arm bar, I tapped.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 11:29pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey poop, grappling is an art form that's for sure, fun **** right? well maybe not the sweaty men laying on top of each other part but it is like a chess game! haha!
    as far as multiple attackers it's hard to fight them when you're on the floor of a bar and the dudes friends are kicking your head in, alot of people think that they can start bjj and that will be the end all be all of training, gotta get the hand **** in there as well. hopefully you can take out a few guys before it gets to the ground and then you if it comes to grappling you will know how to defend. but hey all fighting is unpredictable, we run through these ideal situations in our heads while training and try to make them as real as possible. that's what training is all about rehearsing different things over and over so that we may become more fluid in our movements so we don't have to think about defending ourselves in real applications.
    Good job reading only half my post. Do you have ADD or something and can't finish it?

I asked "how does your style train against multiple attackers"?

Oh, and only a moron would specialize in one range of combat and leave it at that. I never said BJJ was the be-all end-all or even better than anything. You keep saying it.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2005 8:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    Good job reading only half my post. Do you have ADD or something and can't finish it?

I asked "how does your style train against multiple attackers"?

Oh, and only a moron would specialize in one range of combat and leave it at that. I never said BJJ was the be-all end-all or even better than anything. You keep saying it.

PL

you know what, try reading my posts and understanding them when someone pays you a compliment you misenterpert it to be a put down. your obviously the one with add. we train against multiple attackers much like any other style, kicking punching, throwing, deflecting, redirecting, do you want me to name a specific type of movement? ain't gonna happen! and i also said bjj was a great style, never put it down, and i don't train in only one system, where you do! get some years under your belt before you start talking hard, it seems like most people on this site have been training since around the time you were born, yet your the expert on the forum.

Posted On:
    7/18/2005 10:51am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa
    This begs an interesting question. Let's say I was a much better fighter than I actually am. Like, somewhere along the line I quit my job, dropped out of college, threw away my computer and dedicated every waking moment to conditioning and sparring. Then lets say I used a system that actually worked and I taught it to others in a live fashion. All pure real deal.

If this were the case and I said the system was taught to me by the alien warlord Zobolox of the planet Krimindndeda to help supress the space pirate rebellion where I served in his corps of elite space ninjas, would it still be acceptable?
    Um, yes. And you'd be able to teach your deadly skills to the rest of the people inside your head in the little rubber white dojo you'd be sharing....

-daGorilla
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast