Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 9:08pm

Style: vadha kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have studied other styles, originally,okinawan karate, tae kwon do, judo, jiu jitsu(japanese not brazilian) and then eventually vadha kempo. my training was very sporadic and i don't claim to be an expert in in training systems at all but i fell in love with vk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 9:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i would like to try penchak silat but i don't know of any dojos in my area.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 9:52pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatejohn718
    by the way vadha kempo is not a points style system. it's not based on tournament style fighting it's based on self defense in a street application, just thought i should clear that up.
    Yes, it clears everything up. Now I have no doubt in my mind that your style is ****.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 10:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy ****! my style is ****? why? because it's not bjj? this is what happens when people misinterperet what is said. people ask questions or seem confused about something and then when someone comes along to give you some info on what you seemed interested in, you rip them apart? that's cool. it seems like you know alot since you've only been training for less than a year in your current style.
    when i said vk wasn't a point system style it wasn't said to intentionally put anyone down, someone made a comment about point fighting and i cleared it up that's it. have a great night!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 12:12am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, it's just my experience that any style that claims it's "for the street, not tournaments" is total ****. Sorry. If your style can't handle both, then there is something wrong with it. Wrestling isn't even considered a martial art by most, yet it still kicks the ass of many "for the street" styles. Same with boxing, although the combat effectiveness of boxing is easier to see. So don't give me any of that "you just don't understand, open your mind!" ****.

And for your information, BJJ was my last choice. I wanted to do Muay Thai, Kyokushin, or find a Pankration/MMA gym. Nothing like that in my area. So I decided to take BJJ.

PL

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 8:42am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    Campetella fought once, lost, and never came back and we are suppose to take your word he is a surperb fighter? The difference with him and Ken Shamrock is that Ken may have lost but he has picked himself up and came back, and he has a WINNING record.

As for that art, if it claims to come from tibet then I want proof, "hybrid" or not.
    Yes, is your art still claiming to come from Tibet, yes or no, and is yes, what is the proof.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 1:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well since everyone seems to be pretty uptight (as i have ruffled some feathers), traditional vadha stems from tibet and as far as proof talk to master john salvaggio, vadha kempo is similar to vadha in that it employs the circular and redirectional aspects of the art. vadha kempo is taught from both the ground and standing aspects where as original vadha has limited ground instruction. this whole thing started with the question: is vadha kempo A MCDOJO? and as far as i recall a mcdojo is a school where money comes first and then everything else falls into place, obviously very few people were listening, i replied by shooting some facts at you explaining the artform and someone wants me to stumble on my words so they can try to rip me apart. haha!
    if anyone lives in the new york area and seems interested in vadha kempo, reply to this and maybe we can put together a session of some sort. later.
    oh bjj was your last choice, so you settled for something you might not even be interested in? wow! you relize you just put down the only style you study, which happens to be a great style but not against multiple attackers. awesome! X-TREME! lol!
    Last edited by skatejohn718; 7/17/2005 1:42pm at .

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 3:09pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatejohn718
    well since everyone seems to be pretty uptight (as i have ruffled some feathers), traditional vadha stems from tibet and as far as proof talk to master john salvaggio, vadha kempo is similar to vadha in that it employs the circular and redirectional aspects of the art. vadha kempo is taught from both the ground and standing aspects where as original vadha has limited ground instruction. this whole thing started with the question: is vadha kempo A MCDOJO? and as far as i recall a mcdojo is a school where money comes first and then everything else falls into place, obviously very few people were listening, i replied by shooting some facts at you explaining the artform and someone wants me to stumble on my words so they can try to rip me apart. haha!
    if anyone lives in the new york area and seems interested in vadha kempo, reply to this and maybe we can put together a session of some sort. later.
    oh bjj was your last choice, so you settled for something you might not even be interested in? wow! you relize you just put down the only style you study, which happens to be a great style but not against multiple attackers. awesome! X-TREME! lol!
    If you want to support the story that traditional vadha stems from Tibet it becomes your burden to prove this claim, not ours. For example does Mr. Salvaggio speak Tibetian, has he visited Tibet, training with local martial artists there? Does he have a relationship with the exile Tibetian community? etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 6:27pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My money is on the dojo being legit. I always wondered what happened to John Campetella, he seemed like he was indeed a good fighter, regardless Gray Goodrich is one of the best in the world when you think about it .
    go team :3some:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 6:27pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    put that on your skin, or get the hose again
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast