Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 6:56am

Style: Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is Vadha Kempo a McDojo?

I met this dude who said his style was "Vadha Kempo" He dold me they do full contact sparring and grappling in their school but they dont punch full contact to the face. I said," well then thats not full contact?"
    He says its like a SEAL team training for combat, they dont really shoot people and they use blanks but it doesnt affect them when they get inyto a firefight.He said the use "control" .That means a black belt like himself can throw a full force punch at you and stop it EXACTLY before it hits you...
    I looked it up online and they say that Vadha kempo originated in TIBRT and was brought to this conytry by OMA KELLIE , who taught JACK MC CRAVE.
    Yes I smell Bullshido...BUT ...Gry Goodridge's FIRST opponent in the UFC was JOHN cAMPATELLA , a VADHA KEMPO BLACK BELT , he didnt do so good..I guess thats what you get when you fight with "control" :icon_geek

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 8:18am

Style: WSL Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And it's about time you took your pills.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 8:45am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kyokushin doesn't punch full force to the head in sparring, that I know of. Nobody's calling that Bullshido.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard about Vadha for awhile now. I am thinking its Bullshido. The odds of a direct Tibetian art being taught to an American on American soil is VERY small. I remember reading the History and thinking RIIIIIIIIGHT. From Tibet straight to Palm Beach.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 1:52pm

Style: karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i thought gary goodridge's first opponent was paul herrera AKA "oh no elbows"?

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 9:11pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Years ago I read about this art in a MA magazine. At the time they called it a Himlyan(sp) martial art. Their story was a specific named person from India had taught the art to its current US leader in the 1960s and 1970s and then moved to Europe where they lost contact with this "master". As a rule of thumb, however, anytime you have a missing founder and a vague transmission story, you have a bullshit history.

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 9:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That doesn't necessarily mean the art itself is bullshido. Watch out of other mcdojo signs to go with the fake history

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 11:50pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpan Scientist
    That doesn't necessarily mean the art itself is bullshido. Watch out of other mcdojo signs to go with the fake history
    This begs an interesting question. Let's say I was a much better fighter than I actually am. Like, somewhere along the line I quit my job, dropped out of college, threw away my computer and dedicated every waking moment to conditioning and sparring. Then lets say I used a system that actually worked and I taught it to others in a live fashion. All pure real deal.

If this were the case and I said the system was taught to me by the alien warlord Zobolox of the planet Krimindndeda to help supress the space pirate rebellion where I served in his corps of elite space ninjas, would it still be acceptable?

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 12:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he might have meant full contact as in where ever hits are legal, you are allowed to use full force. as for john campatella, well there were plenty of ppl that lost in UFC who do BJJ or soemthing or other... i suppose those systems suck as well?

and as for your hypothetical question about krimindndeda's martial art, well if your **** works then it works. and deadpan scientist is right... takes more than just a questionable history to be mcdojo.... false claims about street fighting, contracts where they take millions of dollars from you, etc etc

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 1:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa
    This begs an interesting question. Let's say I was a much better fighter than I actually am. Like, somewhere along the line I quit my job, dropped out of college, threw away my computer and dedicated every waking moment to conditioning and sparring. Then lets say I used a system that actually worked and I taught it to others in a live fashion. All pure real deal.

If this were the case and I said the system was taught to me by the alien warlord Zobolox of the planet Krimindndeda to help supress the space pirate rebellion where I served in his corps of elite space ninjas, would it still be acceptable?
    The art itself wouldn't be bullshido. The history would be total crap.

Bullshido is teaching false techniques(think chi fireball). McDojo means blatant moneymaking scams(300 for the yellow belt, johnny). What we are talking about is something else, that doesn't have a good name....yet
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast