Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 10:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te No Kage!
    Shum, isn't the knee on the solar plexus a little high and unstable? Plus you're getting close to the xyphoid process which is a "no no bad dog" for us judoka
    I put it there to make people think of escape at all costs over leisurely defending their neck and arms. At 150lbs I pretty much have to put it that high to get any pressure and my mobility isn't bad. I've had people do it to me and it hurts way more than when the knee is lower on the torso.

Quote Originally Posted by dunlap
    last I checked diaphram is solar plexus I have no idea what your post is trying to say other than wanting to argue about something.
    By "diaphram" I mean the middle of the abdomen responsible for controlling the lungs.

I am going to be leaveing Bullshido for good
    Why?

Edit: OK then, why did you edit these links out?

you are more than welcome to post at mma.tv or
    http://pub30.ezboard.com/badvancedfightingsys tems
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 2/02/2005 10:57pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please explain how putting the entire surface of the shin across a major muscle group generates more pressure than the smaller surface of the knee digging into a nerve cluster.
    He can't, because it doesn't

Pressure is force per unit area.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 11:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant to efit the whole line about leaving out. I am going to be a little tight on time and I overeacted to something an admin said as I am dead tired and was being childish.

I thought the diaphram was in the v formed in the lower rib cage.

I have used both positions and the surf worked better for me and seems to work better for most of my guys they have done well in both MMA and straight grappling comp with our Naban positioning, The cutting action of the shin is important in making it work.

If someone does not like the position cool by me if you work it for a little while and it works cool by me. I am just not going to argue about if it works for me.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    2/02/2005 11:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have used both positions and the surf worked better for me and seems to work better for most of my guys they have done well in both MMA and straight grappling comp with our Naban positioning, The cutting action of the shin is important in making it work.

If someone does not like the position cool by me if you work it for a little while and it works cool by me. I am just not going to argue about if it works for me.
    Have you ever seen this used effectively in high levels of competition? I haven't. Not in BJJ, not in Judo, not in combat submission wrestling and not in high level MMA. If it worked in MMA competition was it against a skilled grappler? Not trying to dis you bro but been around awhile and this is new to me. Tried it the other night and found it to be very unstable. You can also transition a lot quicker to varying positions and finishing techniques with the knee on the belly as opposed to your entire shin. Tell me how you could effectively switch from one side to the other with your entire shin? You'd have to back out of it first giving up control.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 12:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The highest level of straight grappling would be a NAGA or Grapplers Quest Advanced division but that being said I very rarely see knee on belly when there are 2 high level grapplers going it is usually good grappler against fish.

The keys are that your foot hooks the hip and your shin runs on a diagnal accross his body with you knee extended slightly past the floating rib area if you are hooking your foot toward your knee most of the pressure will be in a small area of your shin. The worst that happens when losing it should be finding yourself in mount.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 12:23am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The highest level of straight grappling would be a NAGA or Grapplers Quest Advanced division .
    Nah, I'm talking ADCC, Mundials, Pan American etc. I don't think there are fish at these tournaments. Doesn't matter though, if it works for you then by all means do it. Neither of us is going to change the others mind eh? :new_rainf
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234