Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 6:33am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Workout Comments?

Any comments would be welcome on my workout plan... Does the following make much sense? My goal is to get (back?) into shape, and increase strength.

Currently I weight-train and swim 3 times a week on consecutive days with one rest day on the weekend. I swim in the mornings before breakfast for about 1.2 - 1.5 km, which takes me about 30 minutes or so with warmups and cooldowns and gets my heart rate up to about 130ish sustained. My lifting is in the afternoon / evenings and consists of the following:

Day 1 Heavy squat day, light back day (good mornings etc.)
    Day 3 Heavy Bench day, light squat day
    Day 5 Heavy Deadlift day, light Bench day

A heavy day means 4 or 5 sets of max 5 reps, and light means three sets of 8-12reps. During the weight days, I also include other exercises after the main lifts, such as bent over rows, tricep extensions, bicep curls, abs etc...

I've also started concentrating on my diet, eating 5 times a day, and making sure to get enough protein.

Right now (in only the third week), the above seems to be working ok, but does anyone any suggestions? Criticisms?

Thanks ahead of time,

Aki

edit: spelling :qgaraduat

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 6:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When do you train in martial arts ?

Or are you just lifting weights and swimming at the moment ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 7:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Training very little in martial arts right now. I have a background in Kung fu, with a little BJJ thrown in. I will be getting back to training hopefully this summer. My lifestyle right now doesn't allow for attending MA classes, unfortunately. So the little MA I do in my own time, I don't count as exercise...

Aki

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 3:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What kind of rep/set progressions are you doing? It looks solid so far.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 5:36pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't worry about tweaking it yet, just stick with it for another 5 weeks and see how much you improved, then start adjusting.
    Who, for Petes sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 5:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks PO9. Sounds very sensible.

Aki