Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 8:40am

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's all fun and games until Tuhon Tom is wearing your skin as a poncho.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: ................ :icon_twis

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 10:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kultra

Also what exactly is the difference betweem sayoc kali and kali?
    Oh, I'd have to say about 300 lb of unsightly blubber.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 10:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    It's all fun and games until Tuhon Tom is wearing your skin as a poncho.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: ................ :icon_twis
    He's out of shape as well. What's with these guys anyways, has none of these guys ever heard of jogging? Tom looks almost as crappy as phil elmore does posing with weaponry.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 11:10am

Style: Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wHAT HAPPENS IN A KNIFE FIGHT?

1.You Die
    2.Your opponenet dies
    3.You both die

No time to use isolation of transition # 1

Oh and Tuhon Tom is a human being ,he can be cut and killed.Stop nuthugging. :adora:

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 1:11pm

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kultra
    I'm mainly doing this for fun but also in case I ever do have to defend myself with a knife I have the knowledge and skill to do so.
    Sadly I haven't seen them in action but I wanted to learn an art that wasn't empty hands and Sayoc Kali seems like a good idea. Since I don't trust online videos I decided it would be best to make this thread

This school has classes Monday and Wednesday from 7:30 to 9 and 7am to 11am on saturday for 110 a month. Because of my work schedule I'll only be able to make it to the 4 hour classes so another reason for posting this thread is to make sure I'm not wasting my money and more importantly time

Also what exactly is the difference betweem sayoc kali and kali?
    is sayoc trying to do what the gracies did with jui jitsu and make it more efficient and more on technique or something?
    Sayoc is a form of Kali, mostly small knife based, but also teaches traditional weapons.

and what about escrima, kali and arnis, are they all the same art with a different name or do they use different weapons or are more on technique or strength/speed?
    Kali is more of a Filipino (language, terms, etc) art, while Escrima and Arnis are usually number based(unlike Sayoc which is anatomically based, i.e. instead of saying attack number 1, they say diagonal downward cut to throat, etc.), and use mostly spanish to describe their techniques. (Daga y Daga, Corte Mano, Mano y Mano, Lagro Mano, etc) But mostly use the same principles, however theit weapons training is different. Some focus mostly on stick (modern arnis), some mostly on knife (sayoc), etc.

I'd like peoples opinions on escrima, kali and arnis also since so far I see a lot of bad stuff here about sayoc
    Ignore their opinions. I doubt they've ever studied Sayoc and therefore have no room to judge it. (The doesn't mean going to a seminar either) Check the school out, they should offer a free lesson or something for you to see if you like it. If you like it, take it. If you don't, check out one of the other FMAs like Floros Fighting Systems if you can get it, Inosanto blend, theres lots of styles.
    Last edited by Reikon; 1/25/2005 1:17pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 7:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kreese
    Oh and Tuhon Tom is a human being ,he can be cut and killed.Stop nuthugging. :adora:
    The best compliment I would ever give a civilian would be that I would go to war with him. And he definitly fits in that category. Now **** off, stick your head in a toilet and bob for turds

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 9:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You would go to war with him. Youre hardcore. I dont doubt that.I dont doubt that Tuhon Kier is hardcore. The fact remains ,and I know this frightens you, that anyone can be beaten in a fight ,or killed.Mr Murphy makes the laws when it comes to physical confrontations.Come to terms with your own mortality.(yeah sounds very ZEN).But its the truth.Tuhon Tom isnt made of adamantium.Tuhon Kier may wear my" skin as a poncho. " But chances are he'll also do serious time like that guy that studied Atienza kali. But I'm sure prison would be fun for him ,3 hots and a cot ,and he'll get to practice a lot of REAL knifefighting.And not to be juvenille ,but Tuhon Sayoc better stand and fight because with all that weight he sure wont be able to run far,which is an option for knife defense he doesnt have...I'm gonna go bob for turd now ...but remember life may serve you a steaming hot **** sandwich one day and you wont like it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 8:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am in a pissy mood right now. This is like an itch on my nutsack or deep down by my asshole. Ain't no problem, just an aggravation. Something fun to deal with, ain't no thang.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kreese
    You would go to war with him. Youre hardcore. I dont doubt that.I dont doubt that Tuhon Kier is hardcore. The fact remains ,and I know this frightens you, that anyone can be beaten in a fight ,or killed.Mr Murphy makes the laws when it comes to physical confrontations.
    Frightens me? How the **** would you know what frightens me? I never said he or I was invincible. Is this site not in the english language? Go ahead and try to find any one of my posts where I said either. As per my old sig, one minute yer all hooah and ****, the next minute a cat is licking your brains off the sidewalk. If ya didn't know it before you sign up, in my former line of work you realize really fucking quick that big-ass mutherfucking bullet hits head, HEAD CEASES TO OPERATE.

Come to terms with your own mortality
    I've posted exactly who and what I am on this site a few times. Besides, I fully came to terms with my own mortality back in 02 AKA NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. Ya think I need some noob/oxygen thief telling me to do so? I dodn't think so.

Oh yeah, I don't give a rats ass what you or anyone else thinks about the Sayoc system. You attended a coupla seminars. Big deal. I can at least respect Deus' opinion cause the dude studied Sayoc for a while. The people I have met in the system are good folks. I like it, I think it's fun and practical. I'd reccomend either Sayoc, Pekiti, Atienza or Kalis Illustrisimo to anyone interested in good FMA knife stuff.

****, it's not even 9AM and I just feel the contempt boiling within me. I'm gonna go take a big fat Shinseki in my goddamn toilet.....

*grumble, grumble*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 8:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever...this is a public forum thats open for discussion and we are having a discussion..If some dop ( me) posts on the internet gets you that angry the I suggest you seek counseling...you would probably be real easy to goad into starting a fight for some stupid reason. ..and thats a wekaness.(not trying too be a jerk just constructive criticism,and yes I dont know you but you come across a s hot tempered ).whatever....I wont respond.This discussion is over as far as I am concerned: I think Sayoc sucks,someone asked my opinion and thats it.You cant change my mind and I cant change yours. We have he same outlook on physical violence and thats fine.Have a nice day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 9:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But on second thought...I see that you are fluent in Gibbering Moronese. Unfortunately, I'm not. You generate more waffle than the waffle making machine in a waffle factory. How about putting that into proper syntax, form, and grammar so that I can at least understand what you are saying before I dismiss it?

The Anti-Moron™ software on my PC went crazy when I started to read your post. You must have a very large brain to hold such a vast amount of sheer ignorance. Well, you're certainly thoughtless; I just wish that you were keyboard-less, too. As Ellen Glasgow once remarked: "He knows so little and knows it so fluently."

You are a bore, and a very dull one at that. You are nastier than a five-dollar whore getting a **** enema. You're a waste of time, space, air, flesh, and the rectum you were born from, retard. Maybe you wouldn't be such a Jerk-In-The-Box if you weren't so dumb that even blondes tell jokes about you; if your weren't so fat that when you run, you make the CD player skip at the radio station, or if you didn't have a face that could scare a hungry wolf off a meat truck. No, come to think of it, you would.

To sum up: I'd rather pass the world's largest kidney stone than read another post from you.
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast