Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 3:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh yes, the famous Homer Simpson/Steven Seagal Diet! One's a funny, fat, balding cartoon character with a silly stupid voice and no brain... and the other is Homer Simpson.

"OOhhh, DONUTS! (Omp, chomp chomp) Can't talk....eating....."

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 4:57am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LMAO

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 5:01am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >Weightgainers are generally sugar. They are crap

Yes there is a lot of sugar in gainers (average around 75g) but the contain other things as well, like vitamin stacks and amino blends. You WILL gain weight with a gainer but if you sit on your ass all of it will most likely be fat.

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 6:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Red beans, rice and fat back!!!! If that fails, massive doses of steroids and intense lifting combined with consuming more calories than you are expending.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 6:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What Lawpilot said. #1 eat a lot. #2 shoot yourself in the ass with steroids.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 7:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, how do you shoot yourself in the ass ?

"said and done"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 8:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to gain weight, eat!
    Generally a caloric intake of about 300g/day (and getting all the other **** you need) and doing excercises (though not burning all of it) and you'll gain mass fast. Though consumation of 300g/day *can* be eventually hazardous for your health.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 9:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>quote:
    It will be fat anyway since it contains excessive protein; also if you go on a low-fat diest, testosterone production drops proportionately, and no matter how much you work out you turn into Richard Simmons. Also don't over-train like some people suggest (ala "Rocky" etc). You can gain 50 lbs of muscle in a year through sensible eating and exercise, but if you injure or over-fatigue yourself with overtraining then you'll end up quitting after a few years- I can't tell you how many college guys do just that.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 9:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing I will add is that if you are 6'2" and only 150 pounds you obviously already have a high metabolic rate. Since this is the case I wouldn't recommend eating 5-6 meals a day. People recommend eating more meals of smaller portions because it ups you metabolism which would be adverse to you gaining weight. I'd say keep it to 3 meals a day, 4 at most.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 10:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing I will add is that if you are 6'2" and only 150 pounds you obviously already have a high metabolic rate. Since this is the case I wouldn't recommend eating 5-6 meals a day. People recommend eating more meals of smaller portions because it ups you metabolism which would be adverse to you gaining weight. I'd say keep it to 3 meals a day, 4 at most.

It is the persistent, not the gifted and talented, that win in the end.

It's not about "boosting metabolism" so much as burning the calories before they have a chance to be stored as fat. The only thing that increases your metabolism is increased exercise. There's no evidence that someone who's tall and skinny has a highter metabolic rate; it's probably just genetics; also, a man doesn't reach full bodyweight until age 23 or sometimes later; we all know guys who filled out at 23 or so. A person has a certain amount of lean and fatty tissue at birth, and this doesn't increase in amount, just size; you can influence this with eating and exercise, but you'll tend to drift back to where you started over time unless you keep at it, but it's easy once you reach your desired weight by simply maintaining your level of strength once you've reached your max.
    However, gaining lean bodyweight is easier than losing fat, since your body doesn't react to increased muscle as much as it does to a fat-deficit, in which case your stomach bothers you until you eat enought to fill the equilibrium point between hunger and satiation.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast