Administrator

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 8:22pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    You should go to KC, find the tallest building, and jump off.

I'll second that.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 9:08pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry boys, I don't claim to be doing anything but helping small children discover new ways of exercising. I try to expose them to anything and everything they can do to stay healthy. I add new programs all the time because not every kid can play football or baseball, and I know how frustrating it can be to not excell at traditional western sports. America's kids are getting fatter every day, and many parents are not benevolently predisposed toward martial arts. So in an effort to increase interest in a great way to stay in shape, I provide an alternative to martial training. I have a giant disclaimer in everything where my Yoga/tai chi class is advertised that it is NOT a martial arts program and the child will not learn any combat techniques. I am up front and honest about that and won't apologize for it. I also teach football, baseball, soccer, tumbling, wrestling, track and field, and general phys ed. I am about making kids healthier for fun and profit. I have never claimed otherwise. It is a rewarding way to make a living and I did not and will not ask either of you for your permission to do it. Check my posts if you doubt it. I am proud of what I do and I have never deceived anyone.

If this guy wants to make a buck by helping people stay in shape, good for him. As long as he doesn't claim anything that is not true, and as long as he delivers exactly what he is selling, than I see no problem.

Would you rag on a hot dog salesman who sells hot dogs at his advertised price in exactly the manner that he claims to, just because a hot dog is not "the real german sausage?"

Your zeal to punish frauds, while commendable, has you seeing things that aren't there. If this guy is selling something he can't deliver, I'll be the first to jump all over him. But if he is advertising a product, and delivering it, than what the **** is your problem?

Come see a class both of you, and THEN make your judgements. I expect TBK to talk out of his ass, but from Omega I expected better.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 9:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Sorry boys, I don't claim to be doing anything but helping small children discover new ways of exercising. I try to expose them to anything and everything they can do to stay healthy. I add new programs all the time because not every kid can play football or baseball, and I know how frustrating it can be to not excell at traditional western sports. America's kids are getting fatter every day, and many parents are not benevolently predisposed toward martial arts. So in an effort to increase interest in a great way to stay in shape, I provide an alternative to martial training. I have a giant disclaimer in everything where my Yoga/tai chi class is advertised that it is NOT a martial arts program and the child will not learn any combat techniques. I am up front and honest about that and won't apologize for it. I also teach football, baseball, soccer, tumbling, wrestling, track and field, and general phys ed. I am about making kids healthier for fun and profit. I have never claimed otherwise. It is a rewarding way to make a living and I did not and will not ask either of you for your permission to do it. Check my posts if you doubt it. I am proud of what I do and I have never deceived anyone.

If this guy wants to make a buck by helping people stay in shape, good for him. As long as he doesn't claim anything that is not true, and as long as he delivers exactly what he is selling, than I see no problem.

Would you rag on a hot dog salesman who sells hot dogs at his advertised price in exactly the manner that he claims to, just because a hot dog is not "the real german sausage?"

Your zeal to punish frauds, while commendable, has you seeing things that aren't there. If this guy is selling something he can't deliver, I'll be the first to jump all over him. But if he is advertising a product, and delivering it, than what the **** is your problem?

Come see a class both of you, and THEN make your judgements. I expect TBK to talk out of his ass, but from Omega I expected better.

first of all get a fucking sense of humor.

second, if we're talking serious then how do you teach conceptual aspects of yoga and tai chi to pre schoolers? Please start new thread and I'd like to talk about it.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 9:53pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My apologies, Omega:

I am very sensitive to issues of Bullshido in the martial arts, and as an instructor of sports curriculum in general, I like to promote interest in the martial arts whenever possible. I try very hard to never advertise something I cannot deliver (IE: realistic combat training to preschoolers).

As far as yoga and tai Chi for preschoolers goes...the class is purely physical exercise. No mysticism, or meditation. Yoga and Tai Chi, as well as kung fu and Xi Gong use lots of unique positions that many small children can utilize to develop various physical attributes. (balance, coordination, etc.)

They also tend to have cool names like "snake creeps down" and "repulse the monkey" and "the upward facing dog" that small children can really latch on to. When teaching little kids, it is absolutely critical to keep them invested in the activity on any level. They think that they can act like animals and do animal poses in my class, and that keeps them happy to be there. My enrollment is high because the kids LIKE to play animals and do funny movements. To them, the physical benefits are a distant second to having fun.

If they want to continue learning Yoga or Tai Chi when they are older, I happily refer them to local schools dedicated to those things. My job is to create interest in exercise...so the kid stays with it.

I don't even resort to contracts or cheesy belt promotions.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 10:24pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    ... Do me a favor and read everything we've said about Delucia before you come over here and talk **** with your Aikido bullshit.
    Whoa, there. Got a good therapist for that anger management problem of yours, Omega?

I read everything posted here about Jason when I joined and have been keeping up since then, so I'd already done you the favor of reading everything you said about Delucia before posting.

And I wasn't the one talking ****, you were -- I was glad to see you said Jason was the real deal, but I know you're wrong about Combat Aikido being bullshido. There are loads of threads on plenty of forums where people argue about what is and isn't aikido, so we don't need another of those. If you don't want to call his stuff any sort of aikido, fine, that's your opinion. But whatever it's called, it's still martial and it's still effective -- so are you complaining about the name, or the art?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 10:32pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not calling Combat Aikido bullshido I'm calling it bullshit. The name doesn't go with what they're doing. So I'm raggin on the name not the art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 10:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not calling Combat Aikido bullshido I'm calling it bullshit. The name doesn't go with what they're doing. So I'm raggin on the name not the art.
    Fair enough. First time I've ever been called a fuckhead, though.

"We now return this thread to its regularly scheduled discussion"

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 10:46pm

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wer
    First time I've ever been called a fuckhead, though.
    You haven't been here very long.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/25/2005 11:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everybody here's a fuckhead.

Go to classic thread section and see Omegenisms and you'll see what I mean.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2005 1:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to classic thread section and see Omegenisms and you'll see what I mean.
    That's some pretty funny stuff. Sick, but funny. Maybe you have a future in new age fitness:

Ready for the newest fitness craze? Try GETMAD -- Good Even Technique Martial Art Delinquency -- OMEGAEROBICS, the hottest workout west of the Rockies! Heavyweight gi's make you hot under the collar as you lather up a sweat slapping around anyone who gets too close. Lose pounds! Lose inches! Lose teeth!! So grab your white belt and vertical leap onto the bandwagon before the trophy wives take up all the space. Training coaches will be glad to GnP you if they think you're looking at them funny, helping get the most out of your workout!
    Call today! GETMAD OMEGAEROBICS: taking it to extremes. Satisfaction guaranteed or else.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast