230668 Bullies, 4078 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 2:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The Budokon School of the Arts is a renowned and prestigious school that offers the official Budokon teacher certification program authorized by founder and creator Master Cameron Shayne.
    Prerequisites for applying for Level-1 Open Class Teacher Certification:(Once you have fulfilled all the prerequisites, then please request an application for certification. If you feel you may have a special exception to the requirements please put in writing your request along with your application).

Hatha Yoga
    Minimum of 2 years practicing and home asana study and/or a Yoga Teacher Certification Which includes: A minimum of 1 public class per week for 40 weeks. Plus regular home asana practice minimum of 1 hour/day - 2 days per week.

Martial Arts
    Minimum of 1 year practicing and studying in a formal martial arts school and/or a Black Belt Certification Styles include: All Japanese karate-do, Korean Tae Kwon Do, and Chinese Kung Fu. (does not include Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, or Aikido as these are not specific technical hand and foot striking arts).

Meditation
    Minimum of 1 year practicing seated or standing."

Hatha Yoga - I've played as Dhalsim on SSF2 for years now
    Martial Arts - Ive put in my years, why not
    Meditation - I'm sure sleeping counts.

Yay im on my way

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 2:14am

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw a picture of him sitting in a guy's open guard, I presume he was teaching BJJ.

If I got to do BJJ with those fit, wealthy young women in yoga pants I think I'd study there too.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 2:55am

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyDaHedgehog
    I saw a picture of him sitting in a guy's open guard, I presume he was teaching BJJ.
    I thought I saw that too. In the "Press and Photo" section, middle row, second picture from the left. I can't imagine why they would teach anything BJJ/Judo related if their instructors are not required to know either. Maybe he's just helping the guy stretch some how? I really don't have any explanation.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 3:39am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Okay, what's Hitori?
    That's the only translation I've ever heard. Hitori = one person. Futari = 2 people. San nin = 3 people, Yon Nin = 4 people, go nin = five people, etc. (unless Nin isn't person... it's been a while)

PL

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 4:24am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's fair to say he's a bit business and image oriented, but I can't judge this guy from his website alone - not because his website validates him, more because nothing on it specifically invalidates him... he does seem awful granola for my taste, but hey, he's in business in socal...

EDIT: That class of his is seriously girl-laden. If that's what girls look like under their winter coats, I need to move to the west coast.
    Edit2: And, IMPO, it looks like Courtney Cox is wearing a colored belt while David and Cameron are wearing blacks. It's probably red or purple.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 1/23/2005 4:28am at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 4:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he needs to show some of those girls wearing a belt only.

wouldnt that be nice? if you had your own bjj class and the only ppl you taught were models and the standard uniform was only a belt

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 5:36am

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Jazz
    I thought I saw that too. In the "Press and Photo" section, middle row, second picture from the left. I can't imagine why they would teach anything BJJ/Judo related if their instructors are not required to know either. Maybe he's just helping the guy stretch some how? I really don't have any explanation.
    He's got a Gracie JJ shirt on. Just a bit more to add to the mystery
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 5:40am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, we could give him a little benefit of the doubt and say he's newer to bjj then to striking and isn't allowed to christen people instructors in it yet...or it could be because he's an intermediary student of it and knows that he'd get called on it, given BJJ people's tendency to verfiy lineage...
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 10:40am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After reading more about this I have to say that he never makes any claims of Budokon teaching you how to defend yourself. All he promises is that it will promote flexibility and tone muscels, and in that respect it seems perfectly legit. I actually do a lot of the stuff they showed as conditioning excercises inbetween real martial arts training.

The only thing that can be called at all detrimental is the air kicking and punching without working on a solid target, first. That I can see building bad habbits. Other than that it seems like it's as related to the martial arts as the push-ups you do at the beginning of class.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is in no way his fault, nor should it count against him in any way, but has no one else noticed the fact that he looks like a slightly bulked-up Chris Hunter?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast