Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 1:28pm

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't agree PizDoff but to each his own.....

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 1:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted on this before. I still think at one time Tai chi was the best. But it is so hard to find an instructor that knows. With that said, I am now leaning towards BJJ because of what I have learned. What changed my mind is two fold. 1 What I learned about why the Army went to it, and 2 How the Gracies developed what they teach.

Chi is real, it is electrical based. Its just without proper instruction, you will never learn to us it properly. No, its not throwing fireballs from your hands.

Yes Osiris, I believe in Chi! I know, how foolish. Well, remember Squall said I am old. What do I know.

Edited by - justme on February 19 2003 12:35:10

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 1:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Justme, don't do it. You're better off sticking with Tai Chi! BJJ is just a lot of rolling around on the ground with sweaty men. I'd advise against it. Can't you find any good TC teacher near you?

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 1:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    None. Its So frustrating. OH, well you never know what the future holds.

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 1:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck anyway. What about other internal arts near you?

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 1:47pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Balloonknot-What do you not agree with?

Please share, especially if you take TC.

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 1:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing!! Don't get me wrong. I picked up alot from what I did learn. I guess I'll try this BJJ stuff for awhile. If I can get things rolling. Rolling, hahahahahaha..... sorry.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take any and all arts! I did tc for a while years ago and still use their exercises, usually with weights for strength, flexability, and to heal from injuries. And I don't know how well she fights, but my wife's body sure tightens up when she can attend her tc class.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 1:56pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :)

you and her practice breathing exercises together?

i'm sorry, i'm going to train now lol

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    2/19/2003 2:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, the form is not boring. You simply haven't given it a chance. The truth is.... the reason why a lot of people quit TaiChi or say it's boring is because they don't have the patience (or talent) to keep up with the training. Real Tai Chi training can be quite difficult, especially on the thighs, knees, and feet (in the beginning). It takes much more practice than other arts (in my opinion) to become proficient. Besides, if it was so easy, why is that I have over 10 blackbelts in my class (with at least 6 or 7 years of experience in MA) and they have a lot of trouble learning Tai Chi? The answer is this.... Tai Chi is MUCH MORE Challenging to learn and become good at. The blackbelts are so stiff they just don't "get it"!

Secondly, the sword form (32 steps) is an excellent weapons form and also shows the beauty of this complicated and deep art. Not to mention it teaches many combat applications within the form. Wether it is illegal or not to carry around a sword is irrelevant. I could just as easily use my umbrella to show you the form... Think about it....

Lastly, even though you don't believe it, TC does train you for the "street" - as long as you learn from the right and competent instructor (meaning: not a hippie love, new-age school). Just recently, someone shoved me (they were just playing around) and as soon as I "touched" them I was able to get them off balance and they fell over. Believe me, it can be used in a fight.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast