Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 2:39pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no Jun Fan! That was just a term that Guro Dan made up so his people would beleive he was teaching jeet kune do. I am not on any one side. This forum is about calling out the frauds and you guys have been dupped all these years. Matt, I have already shown that Paula was pissed off at the people in her letter and therefore what she says are lies to make them look bad. Basically it was her ( and Dan's) way to hammer the competition so they could stay in the lead. Her only complaint was that the people mentioned were not "certified" by Guro Dan. Whoopie ****. She should have included George Bush, Bill Clinton and George Washington too. They were not certified by Guro Dan.
    The fact is that Guro Dan is so very talented that he didn't need Paula to do it. The next major fraud is Michael Krivka who deleted the date so it would look like he had new information when the truth is that the 12 year old letter was trashed and forgotten.
    Jay T Will, worked with Ed Parker when Dan Inosanto was a kenpo black belt. On his old webpage he is quoted as saying that Bruce Lee would roll over in his grave if he knew that Dan was the leader of JKD. Bruce was a fighter. The reason that Dan never developed JKD is because he never understood and appreciated what Bruce Lee had to offer. Why? Because he didn't understand fighting. Well he did under the concept of fighting. And he was honest and said I don't teach JKD but I will teach you the general concept. Problem is he made up this stupid Jun Fan crap and now everyone from the Inosanto school has a bad feeling toward JKD because they remember this Jun Fan crap and they were taught that Jun Fan crap is JKD and therefore JKD is crap. And as several of you have proven you can go from calling Jun Fan crap to dissing JKD and then it's not hard to complain about Bruce Lee and why not diss Bruce's wife and daughter too?
    Dan Inosanto is a master of FMA and a millionaire. To get there he had to ride on the shoulders of Bruce Lee. So why do the Inosanto people diss Bruce Lee, his wife and daughter? If anyone will ask the question they get trolled and snipped.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbox
    There is no Jun Fan! That was just a term that Guro Dan made up so his people would beleive he was teaching jeet kune do.
    Ok, I'm no JKD guy, but I thought Bruce Lee created Jun Fan before he "created" JKD?

PL

Genius

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Her only complaint was that the people mentioned were not "certified" by Guro Dan.
    And that they weren't certified by Lee or anyone that Lee certified.

Problem is he made up this stupid Jun Fan crap and now everyone from the Inosanto school has a bad feeling toward JKD because they remember this Jun Fan crap and they were taught that Jun Fan crap is JKD and therefore JKD is crap
    Yea, I guess he made up the entire curriculum. Somehow, he convinced Bruce Lee to hand-write it before he died though. Strange how that happens.

Why am I "dissing" Lee's daughter and mother? Because they have no fucking clue about martial arts.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok... I need to take a step back an apologize for being a friggin' bad reader. The letter I posted earlier was from Paula Inasanto and not Linda Lee. As such it does invalidate part of my argument. Clearly the cold I've been fighting has clouded a bit of my judgement as I managed to combine She and Linda Lee/Cadwell into the same person. Sorry about that.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 3:12pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think part of the problem here is so many people trained *briefly* with Lee, then used his name when he hit, then died...and just think, all of this happened only 40 or so years ago! Imagine what kind of telephone game has gone on with the lineages of other martial arts if we were able to screw up a lineage recorded in modern books, films and photos this badly....
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 3:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TThe next major fraud is Michael Krivka who deleted the date so it would look like he had new information when the truth is that the 12 year old letter was trashed and forgotten.
    Actually the written peice is dated 1993 at the bottom of the page.

Jay T Will, worked with Ed Parker when Dan Inosanto was a kenpo black belt. On his old webpage he is quoted as saying that Bruce Lee would roll over in his grave if he knew that Dan was the leader of JKD.
    Address please. Otherwise again you're coming with unbacked up speculation. Like the transcript you montioned. And the $1,000,000 a year licensing fee. I've asked for verification a number of times and each time you respond with a new claim. I admit when I mess up. How about bringing your verification.

I'm cutting out the repetitive messaging to get to the end of the article

So why do the Inosanto people diss Bruce Lee, his wife and daughter? If anyone will ask the question they get trolled and snipped.
    I've yet to hear an Inosanto person make a negative comment to BL. And to be honest I don't hear them talking about Linda Lee or Shanon. It seems only when someone disengenously comes to stir the pot do these feelings come up.

And why not mention that there are a lot of people outside of the Concepts camp that have issues with Bruce's family. Again, I point you right back to the forum that you posted that ISN'T run by the Inosanto folk. As I pointed out in a pervious e-mail, there are a number of people on that board who have not love lost for the family (or for each other... inculding animosity between most of the folks you posted earlier).

Bring some backup next time.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 4:38pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. And they say us Wing Chun practitioners have lineage wars.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 4:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt, You're an honest man so I am going to locate the Jay T Will file and get back to you. You may remember Mr. Will from magazines in the 1980's. He died about 1998 of cancer according to the info I use to have. Someone took over his sight and I may be able to locate it on Google.com. Before JKD Bruce had a brief time in which he called his school the Jun Fan gung fu kwoon. It is common knowledge that Bruce wanted to be recognized as a master. There was no way that the former classmates under Yip Man would help him get that title in wing chun so he invented his own style and became the grand master. In his exellent book JKD: the philosophical martial art Dan Inosanto says that he and Bruce were driving around in a car and Bruce said jeet kune do was the name of his art. The year was 1967. That same story is repeated in the Dan Inosanto interview in the most exellent "In Search of the Ultimate Martial Art: The jeet kune do experience" by Dr. Jerry Beasley.. Dr. Beasley claims that Dan Inosanto was the perfect person to carry on Bruce Lee's work www.mawn.net ( look for JKD).
    Moneywise I have been led to beleive that the 250 instructors are expected to pay fees or attend or host seminars. This is heresay since I don't personally know any certified Inosanto instructors. Maybe someone will come up with a factual dollar amount. DI charges $3000 plus expenses for a two day weekend seminar. I caculated 45 seminars in one year. $3000x 45= $135,000 . I have been told that the fee for the Inosanto academy tuition is $150 per month ($1800x250= $450,000). That's over $1/2 mil already but you have to add thousands from sales of the DI gear like t-shirt, sweat pants, videos etc. I say more power to him for makeing money.
    The reason I opened this thread was because it looked like if a dojo was makeing big bucks then they were branded McDojo. The Inosanto Academy is making mega-big bucks . I thought people would just agree and it would be a short thread. Instead some cut down the Lee family, or BLF, or the Paula letter as usual comes up, or some just decided to call me names.
    Last edited by Kickbox; 1/24/2005 9:51pm at . Reason: Figures on million incorrect

Genius

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 5:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moneywise I have been told that each of the 250 or more certified instructors are expected to pay $2000 per year in fees and attend or host a DI seminar.
    You were told wrong. We're required to attend 30hours of seminar, whether we host them or not. I don't think that's stiff requirement, considering a 2 day seminar is 10 hours. Tuition at the Inosanto academy is rather expensive, but you should consider the area and cost of living in Torrence, California. Sure, Inosanto Academy is making big bucks, but it's not off of the Bruce Lee name. Believe it or not, many people train there because of the many other arts taught.

And quit bitching about getting called names, you are the little bitch that started the attacks.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 8:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummmm, O.K. bored with subject. I was right on every issue. Thaiboxerkin are you really gay? Or do you just like the sound of the name given to female dogs? I love this forum. Frauds, freaks and fights. It brings out the best in members.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast