When I know I have to leave early in the morning, and be gone for lunch, I make two shakes the night before. Some blend of strawberries, grapes, pineapple, apple, banana ... what have you, and protein powder, for breakfast. For lunch, I make one with peanut butter, bananas, and protein powder, and put it in an insulated lunch bag with an ice pack. Don't use a water bottle with a lid that you have to suck on to get it out, though.

I flash-freeze all my fruit, and then stick various combinations in baggies that I can pull out of the freezer and toss in the blender with skim milk. Other than bananas. And, if you use peanut butter in a shake, never, never, NEVER put the peanut butter in first. Blend the milk and whatever fruit you're using, and THEN put the peanut butter it. Peanut butter is a bitch to get out from under the blender blades.

Also, for when I end up unprepared, I keep a bunch of meal replacement bars, whole wheat crackers, granola , and jerky and stuff in my car, along with a couple of sealed bottles of water. It keeps, and the temperature doesn't affect it. I never go hungry, even when I get a call at midnight that I'm needed at the barn in 20 minutes.

When I have time to actually make something in the morning, between chores and leaving, I usually make a salad of some sort. Depending on what I happen to find in the fridge and spice cupboard, it's often quite ... interesting. If I'm going to be somewhere that has heating apparatus, other than a few minutes on top of my defroster, I sometimes grab leftovers from the night before.