Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 11:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just as big a fan of martial artsy fartsy fight scenes like Jet Li and Martix type movie fighting. Well, ok, maybe I'm not, but I still enjoy them yet I watch them knowing I'm enjoying something on the realism level of DBZ. Also, having insight into sword fighting, I abhor the clang-clang-clang, you attack my sword and then I attack your sword (totally ignoring the human target behind the sword) kind of sword fighting you get from films.

Perhaps I don't watch enough movies/TV but my eyes were instantly opened to what movie fights scenes could be like when I watched the Bourne Identity. Yeah, I know you're all huge Matt Damon fans and that you're thrilled when I talk about liking a fight scene that he's in, but hear me out.

It was the first time I'd seen fight scenes in movies that look like they had a shred of realism. They were close in, quick and while they didn't have grappling like in take-downs they did have the whole grabbing and manipulating thing going on. The fights were fantastic, like any movie wants to be, but they weren't wholy unrealistic. My fave part was when a pen was used as a weapon.

Tell what you thought and please fill me in if there are more movies out there like this.

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 11:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grosse Point Blank

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 1:00pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back in the old days (70s, 80s) before wires and martial arts in fight scenes they used to just do the whole rolling around on the floor thing and trading punches. This is actually more realistic than the modern day fight scenes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 2:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, that was before every hero/villian knew kung fu.

I guess fights like was Fight Club had would be the most realistic, but then again, they weren't that exciting to watch.

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 5:32pm

Style: non

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think flying in the air doing jump kicks and using a ladder for a weapon is realistic fighting style! ALL BOW DOWN TO MY JACKIE CHAN FIGHTING SKILLZ! You better beware I've seen rush hour 4 times and The young Master 5 times!

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 6:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yoda in Attack of the Clones.

That muppet has got it going on!

--------
    What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 6:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you could manage to sit through the movie, then you might be mildly entertained by the muppet-fu. But that's a big "if".

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 6:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yoda> tank abbot

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 6:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yoda would kick Tito's ass Wastrel.

Deal with it. :)

--------
    What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 6:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yoda shouldn't have to move, that bugged me. Anyway, the Olsen twins could kick Hayden Christensen's ass. And somebody SHOULD have kicked George Lucas' before he made these godawful POS.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast