Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 6:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy used to train at my MMA club. --> http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/bio...fighter&fid=12

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 8:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't see it, too late for my old eyes...
    I hope it doesn't go the way of that silly boxing reality show, though with this time slot, I have my doubts it will last.
    With Stallone's "contender" coming out soon, it may be in for some competition in terms of ratings.
    I don't think there are enough "grappling/mma" enthusists around, but I hope I am wrong.

I think if they stay away from "drama", the kind of drama that did in DeLaHoya's show, they might get lucky.

Maybe the should have put it after RAW of some other wrestling show, it might need a better lead in...

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I missed it having to deal with both my parents bitching at each other so I had to go over and make peace, but from the sound of it, sounds like it was pretty good.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 11:24am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it was pretty cool.

Showing that one dude puking a couple times was funny. WTF did he expect not showing up in awesome shape??? If you are going in front of the world on TV you don't want to embarass yourself. But whatever good they did was offset by Chris - the resident asshole. Obviously picked for his shitty attitude towards others and is probably being paid to act that way. Prima donna ************. I doubt he will last much longer. Someones gonna **** him up.

That guy Jason. The *****. I think its an act. You know how they want to show people 'grow'. I think some of his pussiness was staged. Especially the part with Randy. He looks like a punk, acts like a punk, but this is TV. Nothing it what it seems. He's going to suck it up and come on strong. LOL. Maybe. He might just wash out like a bitch.

I liked to see some of the training methods and the program.

I was impressed by the one guy that made it through the treadmill. Amazing that he got drunk the night before and was the only guy who finished.

I hope the producers didn't miss their market. Most of the viewers and fans that are going to watch this show TURN THAT DRAMA BULLSHIT OFF. People like myself can't watch more than 2 seconds of Real Life crap. All I want to see is training. Save the crap for one of the other five hundred (staged) reality programs. Also I want to see and hear more from the trainers, less of the stupid blonde who does the narration.

mostly just stubborn

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: MT, GJJ, Blue Glaser

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't mind sleepovers and all. But if anyone ever tinkles on my pillow, either before, during, or after the fight, he is going to have to eat that pillow.
    Success is the child of audacity. - Benjamin Disraeli

inform yourself you super martial artists of my butt - Netsky the Ninja

You fight like Norwegians, ya fairies! - Russell Crowe on "Fightin Round the World"

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 11:36am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This isn't marketed at us, guys. They already have us. This is marketed at the kind of assholes who said they liked the UFC when it first came out because it was "two guys, beating the piss out of each other with no rules" because there was more stand-up in the beginning, then stopped watching when grappling got big because -- frankly -- ground is boring to wacth unless you know what's going on.

This show is hoping to make THOSE guys realise that they changed the rules and punching and kicking are back "in".

I just hope they don't make the mistake of trying to make it appeal to woman. The FIRST TIME SOMEONE'S FUCKING GIRLFRIEND SHOWS UP I MAY TURN IT OFF.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 11:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    I didn't see it, too late for my old eyes...
    I hope it doesn't go the way of that silly boxing reality show, though with this time slot, I have my doubts it will last.
    With Stallone's "contender" coming out soon, it may be in for some competition in terms of ratings.
    I don't think there are enough "grappling/mma" enthusists around, but I hope I am wrong.

I think if they stay away from "drama", the kind of drama that did in DeLaHoya's show, they might get lucky.

Maybe the should have put it after RAW of some other wrestling show, it might need a better lead in...
    The lead in is WWE

New episodes every Monday at 11:00 PM ET/PT.

Replays:

* Friday, 12:00 AM
    * Saturday, 7:00 PM
    * Sunday, 5:00 PM

Check local listings to confirm replay dates and times.

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TSN gets the WWE in Canada, so the lead-in is Oblivious and ten minutes of commercials about SpikeTV. It was aggravating to say the least.

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 11:57am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    I liked to see some of the training methods and the program.

I was impressed by the one guy that made it through the treadmill. Amazing that he got drunk the night before and was the only guy who finished.
    They showed some of it, but like I said, I wanted more.
    They could better show the dedication it takes to get to the top.

The guy that finished it was Chris Leban, also calf cramped up later in the octagon. :)
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 1:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if when they put out the season on DVD theyll show just some uncut, raw training footage. I hope they do.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast