Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 12:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Ultimate Fighter 1st Episode

I thought it was pretty good and entertaining. I would have liked to have seen more of the training and less of the drinking and peeing.

A couple of notables:

- that guy chris leben is such a deusche.

- MT coach quote "kick like a man not a girl"

- grappling coach "underhooks are what win fights". Is this true? I find underhooks are so easily countered with overhooks.
    another great quote of his "none of that judo head throw! that stuff dont work"

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 12:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The show was outstanding. They could not have done a better job representing the Sport.

Everyone make an effort to give Spike feedback on the show. The more positive feedback they get the better it will be for all of us.

http://www.spiketv.com/interact/feedback/feedback.jhtml

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 12:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started a new thread for the first episode. we should do that on an episodal basis so the threads are easily refrenced and dont get enormous...

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 12:25am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It didn't give me exactly what I wanted, I wanted more training sessions, I wanted to see how people improved and had grown in the few days they were there. We will obviously see more of that later on though.

Other thoughts:
    Fucking Jason Thacker and his "An alternate on the 1988 Canadian Olympics Gymnastics team" experience.
    What did you expect? An easy walk? Everyone should have known this was coming and to be in top shape to train. I hate fighters with no heart. They aren't fighters.
    He said he'll try now and there is no way he is quitting, good on him, his attitude changed a lot.

Chris Leben impressed me, drinks a lot then works damn hard in the morning next.

I like what Bobby Southworth said, if I remember it correctly, "I don't like to fight, I don't like to hurt people. I like to compete." Which perfectly describes me.

Looking forward to the next episode.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 12:27am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reposted:

It didn't give me exactly what I wanted, I wanted more training sessions, I wanted to see how people improved and had grown in the few days they were there. We will obviously see more of that later on though.

Other thoughts:
    Fucking Jason Thacker and his "An alternate on the 1988 Canadian Olympics Gymnastics team" experience.
    What did you expect? An easy walk? Everyone should have known this was coming and to be in top shape to train. I hate fighters with no heart. They aren't fighters.
    He said he'll try now and there is no way he is quitting, good on him, his attitude changed a lot.

Chris Leben impressed me, drinks a lot then works damn hard in the morning next.

I like what Bobby Southworth said, if I remember it correctly, "I don't like to fight, I don't like to hurt people. I like to compete." Which perfectly describes me.

Looking forward to the next episode.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 12:32am

Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was entertaining, and Chris Leben did piss me off, but, have to figure that the editors and **** make people seem like they have their own unique personalities. Never know, they could have had each of them say that they're the best, blah blah blah, and just used his to make him seem like a 'bad guy'.

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, JKD Concepts, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I totally agree with you PD...Bobby Southworth clearly demonstrated the greatest degree of character...did you notice that Randy immediately crossed him off his list when he was chosen.

I think that Jason Thacker totally embarassed himself and as we all know, in sports, mindset is at least half the battle. He's got to get his head right or he's walking next week.

Chris Leben...I think he's the designated "guy everyone wants to see owned".

Anyone else surprised that they were'nt wearing any headgear during the sparring...that cut from the headbutt was nasty and I can't see them cranking up the intesity much without adrenaline overruling good sense and control as the competition goes on.

I enjoyed watching.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 12:35am

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Better than I could've hoped for. One drama queen, but also a lot of guys who are just serious about what they do. I loved how they kept cutting to clips of the guys discussing the sport. It really shot down the air of brutality around the whole thing.

Anyone else slightly annoyed when the grappling coach said something around the lines of "don't use any of the judo hip throw crap"? I know I'm still a bit of a newbie to the grappling scene, but I've gotten hip thrown quite a bit and must say it works wonders on me. He is certainly more qualified to judge a technique over me, but I was under the impression that a hip throw was a solid time tested technique. Oh well.

Can't wait for next week.

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, JKD Concepts, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude...someone pisses on your pillow...that isn't exactly a feature of selective editing. He's the official guy we all want to see owned...he'll be around for a while unless he's one of the guys to jump the fence next week.

(If a mod wants to move my post on the other thread to this one...feel free).
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 12:40am

Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, something interesting.

Chris Leben is listed on the Team Quest website, and on sherdog(http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...fighterID=6258), and Randy Couture is also listed on the sherdog/TQ website(http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...?fighterID=166) as being on Team Quest.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast