Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 1:48pm

Style: Liu Seong Kuntao, Baguazh

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Another FMA BS Artist

Found another Filipino Martial Arts Bullshitter!!! Punong Guro Rodger Marsh

A word of caution: Turn on your pop-up blocker before accessing these sites.

http://www.martialarttechnologies.com/index.html
    http://martialarttech.tripod.com/index.html

This guy claims to be the chief instructor of Angeles Eskrima, which was passed down to him by a master from the Philippines who is now deceased. He even claims to have been “entrusted with the family crest and shield”.

There is also a picture gallery where Mr. Marsh has posted pictures of “other masters that have an influence on Guro Marsh direct and indirect”. On this page you will find pictures of Bruce Lee, Dan Inosanto, Leo Gaje, Ben Largusa and Floro Villabraille that were obviously ripped off from other sites; most likely without permission.

http://martialarttech.tripod.com/id4.html

Further examination of this site reveals no pictures of Armando P. Angeles, the master who supposedly passed on this system of eskrima to Marsh. There are also no photographs of the family crest, sword or any sort of documentation designating Mr. Marsh as lineage holder.

The absence of pictures of Angeles is the real stand out issue. If Marsh really inherited the Angeles Eskrima method, then he most likely would have been like family to the man, and would most likely have at least a few pictures of his mentor, would he not? Could this be an oversight on the part of the owner of the site, or maybe the web master? No, he's made it all up, and is probably teaching material straight from video as he learns it.

What a coincidence that after the death of his master Mr. Marsh has been "exploring" in JKD Concepts, Mauy Thai and Silat? How very convenient; no shortage of material there, especially with the wealth of video material curently on the market.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 11:23am

Style: mixed +

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you mention him, then he get publicity and more people know him and may even believe him. He sounds like the rest of the wankers :protest: around the world. Learned everything through osmosis.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 11:46am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I PREDICTED THE RISE IN FMA BULLSHIDO YEARS AGO.

I AM THE BEST.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 2:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It'll be in a year or so that guy will be claiming that he teaches elite special forces operators, or maybe even claim to be an ex-operator from some super secret unit that executed super secret missions.

Did you get a headache from looking at those websites or what?
    Last edited by Blue Collar; 8/30/2005 10:40am at .

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 5:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the links page:

Hey! Click
    here to go
    to Sammy
    Franco's
    site ONE
    OF GURO
    MARSH'S
    FAVORITE
    SITES
    'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 10:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Collar
    It'll be in a year or so that guy will be claiming that he teaches elite special forces operators, or maybe even claim to be an ex-operator from some super secret unit that executed super secret missions.

Did you get a headache from looking at those websites or what?
    I was right!!! From www.martialarttechnologies.com/index.htm

"Punong Guro Rodger Marsh Founder of
    Martial art Technologies and head of
    ANGELES ESKRIMA founder of Martial Arts
    for the Blind ,Personal Instructor to various
    members of law enforcement and military
    Including members of the United States Navy
    Seal Teams
    and United States 75th infantry
    Army Rangers .
    He currently Resides in
    Springfield Missouri."

Springfield, Missouri??? It must be a long drive for the students that are Rangers since they have to commute from either Ft. Lewis Washington, Ft. Benning, Georgia or Ft. Stewart, Georgia. The SEALs come all the way from San Diego, California or Norfolk, Virginia just to train with him? He must be good. :XXpuke:

Some people will say anything for publicity. I'm going to send him an e-mail and invite him to join the discussion.
    Last edited by Blue Collar; 8/30/2005 11:00am at .

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 11:12am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only records of ANgeles Escrima I can find are the ones Marsh himself has put on his site. I don't know enough about Filipino MA customs to make a determination based on that, but Marsh is apparently the only person ever to be taught this particular style.

It seems fishy to me, but this could be typical...I wouldn't know.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 9:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    The only records of ANgeles Escrima I can find are the ones Marsh himself has put on his site. I don't know enough about Filipino MA customs to make a determination based on that, but Marsh is apparently the only person ever to be taught this particular style.

It seems fishy to me, but this could be typical...I wouldn't know.
    Yeah, as typical as so many Filipino martial artist coming out with a family style that has been "kept secret only until now". I don't buy into that either. Do a Google search for Max Pallen and Senko Tiros and see if it doen't smack of BS. I have no doubt that he's been involved in kajukenbo and certain other FMA styles for many years, but I don't believe that what he promotes as "his" system really comes from where he claims. It would seem to me that he's one of those "instant" grandmasters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 9:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have invited Rodger Marsh to join our discussion and maybe clear up the muddy impression I have of him. Mods be forewarned; if he responds, he'll most likely be pissed by my first post.
    Last edited by Blue Collar; 8/31/2005 9:46am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 3:22pm

Style: ANGELES ESKRIMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Punong Guro Marsh

number one there are no pop ups on my site martial art technologies

2 as far as pic's of Maestro i would suggest looking and reading the "about" page.

3 family crest? how bout sword and sheild which as is common in fma an instructor pass's his knowledge and traditionaly pass's his weapon to a student also it is a common place for fma instructors to make a gift of a weapon to other instructors as i recently recieved from guro buzz smith of kuntaw see gallery on website for pic of me recieveing this gift and when this is done it is an honor to be given such a thing.

one may chose to edjucate them self as to cultural customs before bumping thier gums. next i did not build the old tripod site someone else did and quite frankly butchered it and that site has been long deleted.

also let me expound a few mistakes i was introduced to fma by way of jkd i was in fact studying jkd when i met maestro and once i saw the totalty that was in his art i began studying with him after his death i still study jkd and take seminars from dan and paul vunak when ever possible among others. also as to the deal about teaching military in springfield missouri i just recently located here from lakeland florida as if you were such a good detective man you would already know and i might add that at present i have a student that is in the marines and is a sniper as well as members of other forces from fort leonardwood obviously you have never served in the military because you have an idea that all the time is spent on bragg or benning edjucate you're self sir.

now as to family systems ever here of a barangay im sure you havent and what would you call a system that was passed to angeles by his father and uncle? i would call that a family system the post regarding family systems is correct to an extent namely alot of fma is not based on family that does not mean all and infact a lil research you may find quite a few "family" systems in fma.i beleive alot of this missconception is due to the fact ppl believe have been edjucated by way of MA media to belive its a moro art like kali which if you would like to find fraud i suggest you research that as kali is in fact eskrima and did not exsist out side the philippines untill it was coined a term marketable to dumb unedjucated americans such as the writer of this post i am responding too.

our art in fact is a cebuano martial art and there is a differnce.also you may subscribe to fma digest and edjucate you're self further and there will also be in an upcoming legends of filipino martial arts an artical on maestro angeles .aperantly the writer of that post im sure the same who invited me to join the group and probly made it to where i couldnt reply has not went past the first page of the website.also as far as my credintals not only am i "certified" to head angeles eskrima but am also a master representitive of the world serrada eskrima federation under grand master anthony davis of cabalas serrada eskrima and martial arts international.

as a recent development [I] have been asked to headline at the angel cabalas commerative banquet/seminar in cali in march 2006 and im sure there will be more "masters" there then i could shake a stick at and i find it funny that ppl that are in the know about fma has never aproached me with anything but politeness and respect i wonder who this is makeing such coments and what expierence he has in fma to call me down?

but by you're theory's i sopose i made those up too.and as for my studies in jkd was of such instructors as dan inosanto, paul vunak, rick tucci which when ever possible i attend seminars as for muay thai master chi sarisute and i do not claim to be certed in those arts nor have i ever but i do integrate parts into my curriculem i have learned from those and other instructors and i ask is that sopposed to be a sin?if it is then the whole mma thing is also a fraud in fact in the old days we called it eclectic.all this i find very amuseing that someone so unedjucated in fma can say such things and call some one a fraud and if true masters in fma have showed me respect and honor i would wonder by what authority have you to make such a claim?

you obviously are not edjucated enough to do so. also as far as ashida kim got ya going on a lil witchhunt that is realy pretty sad that ppl have nothing better to do then search websites trying to assualt individuals and to what gain? will you be getting some cyber detective award? please after edjucateing you're self about fma i would also suggest you get a life you must be a misarable person on the inside if you spend all you're time trying to point the finger at someone else maybe a lil self examination is in order.

and one more thing ill add now that i can actualy post to this board as far as "documentation it is not tradition in fma as in jap arts to give out certificates or even to certifie in the old days a maestro that did this in fact put a price on the students head however i was applying at a local comunity center to teach fma yrs ago and they required paper so i went to maestro and explained my delima he then laughed and said "what they need a piece of paper" and he chuckeld and said " ok no prblem i make u one" this is now in the posetion of guro bill anderson
    of kuntao as i emailed him a copy of it before my old computer crashed. and as i have recently moved to missouri it is packed away somewhere but as soon as i get settled i will post this "peice of paper" to the site so that ya can run a copy and blow ya nose on it.

tradition in fma is the passing of the maestro's weapon.certificates as well as belts and ranks are for the americans and are a recent development in fma its called "americanizing" and you can not judge fma by what is held by other systems of japanese or chinese origins. again a lil edjucation on you're part would do you well. now i end this letter so that you may continue with you're lil witch hunt have fun.

salamat po
    ingat

[I broke up this post into paragraphs because otherwise it was almost unreadable, I otherwise changed nothing except adding an I in []s Samuel Browning]
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 8/31/2005 7:57pm at .
Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast