Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 5:43pm

Style: MT. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For all the Canadians; Winners always has lots of different rash guards, and they are quite cheap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 5:44pm

Style: SubG, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I regularly cycle two Nogi rashguards and an underarmor, due to me having three grappling classes per week. The Nogi's are almost all Nylon. I'm not a picky guy so I don't really notice the difference, but the Nogi's were cheaper during their holiday sale, also I'd prefer to support other fighters rather than a big corporation. It is true that its more convinient to just go to Dick's and buy underarmor though. Both brands show wear, but nothing serious yet. Sometimes when I take off the Nogi's I hear a ripping sound, but then there are no rips or tears, I have no idea what's going on. And yes, it fits the same time after time.

The Nogi's say to hang/air dry, while the Underarmor says to tumble dry low. Im sure you could tumble dry low the Nogis, but its just one more thing to think of when you are buying rashguards.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 7:00pm

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK guys, flame away:

I just got me some comfortable rash guards at Target for $7 a piece. Been wearing one several hours a day for over a week(no washing), and it ain't falling apart yet. Nice and comfy. The smell could kill you, though.
    Yes, I'm cheap, but I'm also practical. Besides, the idea of paying some asshole company $50 for the priviledge of advertising their **** just doesn't appeal to me.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 9:14am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hand wash them. Your teammates will appreciate it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 1:11pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 1:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got spawl (loose fit short and long sleeve) and some underarmor (short and long sleeve).

The sprawl gear is awesome partyicularly the long sleeve. Both do the job pretty well as far as pulling away the gallons of sweat with the sprawl gear getting the nod because it also seems to remain cool against the skin. Both are good though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 1:21pm

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there anyone out there in the UK who knows good places for rash guards? I really don't care about who makes them, provided they are halfway decent.
    I like the sound of these very cheap Walmart ones, but I doubt they'd exist over here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 2:13pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can order a Nogi RG for $25 and shipping shouldn't be more the $8. Can you order the Wal-Mart one onleine and have it shipped to the UK?

www.SSFgear.com

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People on other sites have good things to say about SSFgear.com

People always look at price. Sometimes you want to look at service too. For example - I laugh at people who bought from mmagear.com, because they knew they were going to get screwed. They were just hoping to be in the small percentage of people who actually got their order, on time, in the right size. And they never did.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 2:33pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo
    OK guys, flame away:

I just got me some comfortable rash guards at Target for $7 a piece. Been wearing one several hours a day for over a week(no washing), and it ain't falling apart yet. Nice and comfy. The smell could kill you, though.
    Yes, I'm cheap, but I'm also practical. Besides, the idea of paying some asshole company $50 for the priviledge of advertising their **** just doesn't appeal to me.
    Wash them on the delicate cycle. Hang dry if you must, but I've used a $10 Starter compression shirt from Wal-Mart for a year now and it's been fine even though I've put it in the dryer plenty of times.

I also have a Gameness rashguard but I feel like a poser wearing it so I've only ever used it once.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast