Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shopping for a rash guard

I've decided my Nike dri-fit shirts don't cut it for grappling any more and I want to buy a real rash guard or two. Can anyone recommend a particular brand?

I'm also wondering what size I should get as there are no charts like the gi sizes. I'm an A-2 so I'm guessing "medium".

Finally, I know brands like Hunter, BTT and Wand are off-limits because I'm not in NAGA, a member of BTT or Wanderlei Silva. Please let me know if any other brands will me look like a poser.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I told you before, since you train so close to Yonge and Eligible, you really should be wearing a Lululemon Rashgard.

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 1:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by j416to
    I told you before, since you train so close to Yonge and Eligible, you really should be wearing a Lululemon Rashgard.
    I train a full subway station north of there!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 3:01pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bought a Sprawl grappling top, I'll test it out on Tuesday and tell you how it goes.

PL

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 4:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/beachtra...uardsguys.html

good people, very tough rash guards, and no logos.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 9:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/19/2005 2:26am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so I tested out my Sprawl gear today. I bought the original shorts, since they were on sale, and I figured by the time I'd try some stand-up again, I could just buy a new pair. Anyway, as I was walking to the dressing room (yes, we have a full-blown dressing room where I train. And a kitchen. And a day-care (besides the "kids kroddy" class), I saw a guy with Sprawl shorts and a loose T-shirt (not Sprawl, but loose), and it was tucked in to his shorts. I figured I'd do the same. It didn't do much, the thing came undone 5 minutes into technique practice. It didn't matter, though, it didn't ride up or anything. It just got sweaty fast, and I got real hot. Althought that could have been me just getting really tired. :p Even though I only rolled for about 10 minutes, I didn't see or feel anything bad with the shirt. It's slick, so you have less friction on the ground (not cool when someone is trying to go for side control, and ends up spinning you around endlessly).

The pants. They were kinda hard to put on. They are designed to fit your legs perfectly, which kinda sucks if your thighs are bigger than your waist. After I had them on, it was all good. Although, my cup didn't come yet, so it might get a bit tighter, but luckily there is enough room there for one. Even with my enormous balls. The velcro didn't get undone once, and despite the shorts being specifically for grappling, I can still kick over my head with them with no problem. Guard work, etc, was no problem at all. Best part is, the pants are extremely light. Lighter than the shirt.

Overall, I'd give it 10/10. If for no other reason than that you can have countless hours of fun wearing the grappling top and spilling water on it, only to see it fall off the shirt and leave it dry.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2005 11:49am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have an Atama rash guard and I love it, despite the price. I think it was something like 3400 yen, which is close to $30 U.S.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    1/19/2005 12:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any watersports stores in your area?

Wakeboard, surfboard etc. shirts are considered by some guys at my school to be better due to more durability and a cheaper price.

Edit: The link to the no logos site above is what I'm talking about.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast