Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 4:55pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kung Fu movies are great, especially when you meet people that really believe it's real (People who believe KF movies are realistic remind me of the hillbillies I grew up with who swore that pro wrestling wasn't fake). I approach martial arts movies the same way I approach military movies. They are made for entertainment and that's all it is. Granted, a pretty good arguement can be made that Hollywood (and Hong Kong) helped ruin martial arts in the U.S. and elsewhere, but people believe all kinds of bizarre **** (UFOs, Bigfoot, psychic hotlines and more conspiracy theories than I can shake a stick at). Why should martial arts be any different?
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 7:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "**** you"
    no osiris **** yourself.
    I'm saying that your average scumbag from the ghetto that shoots at cops {and runs from them, that's HILARIOUS} and seels drugs is too STUPID to practice any martial art, although I did see a documentary on kf once,and there was a sifu teaching in a ghetto, there was this idiot lady throwing tiger strikes from the horse stance. That was pretty funny cause she was all serious, thinking that her kungfoolishness would actually work.
    Anyway, osiris, I can see that when I say "drug dealing, cop killing, ghetto scumbag", it was only natural for you to think I was talking about you. I'll try to be more careful next time.
    I'd come to your dojo, but I quit point fighting when I was 13, so you and your point-fighting buddies will have to take it easy on me, or I won't win that trophy.
    Next time I offend you, instead of crying about it here, go blow your head off, whiskey dick.

Absorb what is useful reject what is useless.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Five Deadly Venoms

Now tell me Kung Fu movies suck.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 9:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Five Deadly Venoms

Now tell me Kung Fu movies suck.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Wastrel, No need to drop a nuklear bomb when all thats needed is a sledg hammer.

the world you live in is just a sugar coated toping. beneath it is another world. The real world. and to survive there you must learn to pull the trigger!!!-Blade

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 9:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL...sorry. I'm American.

Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 11:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I'd love to see what you and your dumbfuck buddies would try on me. Stay in your mcdojo where it's safe, scumbag. Now wash my car and you'll earn a shiny new dime, bitch.

Absorb what is useful reject what is useless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 11:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Shanghai Nights was funny. I enjoyed it. Of course, I was able to make myself stop thinking "no freakin' way"... well... most of the time. :)

As for Kung Fu Theater movies... One of my best friends watches LOTS of them. He has a ton of tapes that he got from buying and trading on the net. Anyway, he's familiar with a lot of the actors from interviews, magazines, etc. He said that a lot of the guys are bad-asses in real life. The key, though, is that they don't use all that fancy-schmancy flying-jump-spinning crap. (They don't fly up the sides of mountains or through brick walls, either. :D) In a real fight, they say they go back to the basics - punches, low kicks, etc. So, yeah, those guys sure do a lot of horse **** that not sane MA would do on the street. Still, I'd sure hate to piss one of those guys off in a dark alley. It would be lights out for sure.

Rashomon

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 11:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummm...we're talking about Kung Fu movies. I understand the revulsion to the MMA guys getting creamed in this movie. They're real fighters. But...oh well. Anyway, have you seen the Five Deadly Venoms?

***ned

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 6:05am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh for chrissake people, this is the easiest money those MMA competitors ever made. Take a few falls vs. face recognizition and money. Sounds good to me.

~
    delirious

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 11:38am

Style: non

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this turned real heated real quick.

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast