223571 Bullies, 4191 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Turkey jerky, best damn **** in the world.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, it was Mega Jesus, who said it was bad for muscles, obviously the muscle growth is due to exercise, not my diet. I was just stating that the low carb diet hasn't been detrimental to my muscle growth.

Also please explain, just because I eat fruits and vegetables, doesn't mean I'm not eating according to the Atkins/Low Carb diet. I just eat vegetables/fruits that are low in sugar/carbs.

These are some articles stating the Soy is good for you, it eaten in moderation.
    http://www.veganoutreach.org/health/soysafe.html
    This one states that there is a corelation between Vegitarian diet , and lower testostorone in men, but it doesn't say that the testostorone levels are too low.
    http://vegrd.vegan.com/pages/article.php?id=219

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those two are iintereperting data from tests they didn't do. Aswell as this, they say that inadequate diet + Soy causes these problems. I agree with this. One shouldn't run screaming from Miso, and other Asian foods, however one has to look at the amount of soy estrogens that Asians are intaking versus the nuttiness of American consumers going bonkers over Soy this and Soy that. Tofu burgers, Soy Mocha Latte, etc.... Most Asians don't eat this crap. Only Americans do. The two nutritionists state that Asian males and females have had a higher dimentia, alzheimers and mental decline rates because of Soy foods. Then they state that it's not a fair study because they didn't include non soy eating Asians. This I can't believe as for a medical test because tests require control subjects on placebos as well as actual test subjects. They also state that Asians have an overall lower number of elderly whom have dimentia, etc. So soy is the "innocent bystander." This is a complete bullshit statement. There are tons of studies done about Soy and it's detriments specifically. They recommend eating Soy 2-3 times a day as

"there is not enough evidence of any harmful effects to suggest that they need to avoid all soy."

This is a completely false statement.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 2:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So are you saying that Soy/Tofu is ok, as long as it's not the backbone of your diet? Like I add a serving to Tofu to my Smoothies, which I make with 8oz unsweetened soy milk, strawberries and raspberries, which I'll have maybe 2 times a week, and I add about 4 - 6oz of Soy Milk to my cereal, which I have about 5 times a week.

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 2:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the Atkins diet the energy levels are achieved by the sheer amount of protein one's intaking. I'd have to see your diet to compare your carbohydrate versus protein intake. I'd also have to see the caloric amount and the fat aswell to determine if you're cutting down across the board or doing it specifically the Atkins way. I definitely would not reccomend the Atkins for the problems associated with it, not just for the potential feeling of lethargy associated with it. Apparently your diet is sufficient enough in carbohydrates to facilitate the activity you do, so you feel no energy loss.

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 2:30pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    Do I need to comment? :-) Also, your muscle growth is due to your physiological change and the loss in weight, not due to a low carbohyrdate diet. And... stay away from Soy dammit.

http://www.westonaprice.org/myths_tr...ruths_soy.html

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459516

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/soyinfo/a/soy.htm
    Damn it i was going to go non dairy.........
    I'm going to do more research on this but tthanks for the heads up.....
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 2:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's say limit it to 15g tops a day, if you want to eat it. I still don't recommend eating it daily, but at this amount it shouldn't be too much of an adverse effect on you. Why in the world do you want to put soy milk into your cereal..? Grossness :-)

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 2:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dairy isn't bad guys, If you are watching your weight drink 2%, or skim. Cheese is good too, have a little bit here and there. Eat what you want to eat and be happy, just do it in moderation. Any other way will make you angry, binge eat, piss rocks, and just generally unhappy.

Oh and for the Kidney Stone, Ketosis and Lethargy bit. I can say this is true first hand. Last year I ate mostly meat, with very few carbohydrates. It wasn't for any particular reason, I just wasn't too nutritionally minded. As such, I felt like a blob many times, and had the enjoyment of giving birth to twin calcium pebbles.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 2:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Akira, I've gotten used to the taste of Soy Milk and there's too much sugar in regular/1%/skim milk.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 2:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said I've had no problems with the low carb diet, as far as kidney stones or lethargy, but I drink alot of water, and eat a decent amount of fiber.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast