Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 3:54am

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Good Idea for Low carb/snacks

Just started adjusting my diet to loose a few.... ,okay a lot more than a few, and I know inevitably I'm going to lose will power and am looking for some ideas on what to snakc on that won't hinder my progress so much....

No I'm not going to eat tissue or throw up either.
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 3:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    celery

**** you math class

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 5:04am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do you want to cut carbs? Carbs are good and healthy. Those low-carb diets are bad for your muscles anyway.

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 5:42am

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not cutting out, I'm cuting down, but there will be times where I want to eat something late, so I'm looking for stuff that gets me full that not carb/ fat related and will get me through till morning so I can eat again. Somehthing that will help pass my appetite.
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 5:49am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PROTEIN.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 10:05am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A can of tuna or salmon has been a good one for me lately. It's cheap, it's filling, it's a ton of protein without the fat and calories you get in most high-protein foods.
    I'm doing pretty serious low-carb, so I put a small amount of mayonnaise in sometimes--just enough to moisten the drained fish a little. When I ate it on bread, I used more mayo, but without the bread, that's pretty off-putting to me.

I used to hate broccoli and cauliflower, but have found since cutting out sugar that they're pretty good. I eat a lot of both raw, which is a nice crunchy, chewy sensation that I think may help you feel like you're "really" eating and filling up.

Celery. . . I've never really enjoyed. Maybe I've developed a taste for it with the low carb too, but I don't know.

Peppers are good, the big yellow or red ones are my favorite. My grandma makes the best pickled peppers, but they're pretty good raw.

I also take boneless chicken breasts, poke a bunch of holes and rub in soya, teriyaki, etc. Whatever has 1g of carbs or less per serving, and stick to one serving on each breast. Then put them in the oven and broil 'em for ten minutes or so. After that, you can turn the heat down and bake them at a lower heat for an hour or two. By the time they come out, they're fairly dry, not much juice left. They can be wrapped in foil or plastic and refrigerated, and they make great travel or woods food. This is what replaced the standard Snickers, sausage and cheese during deer season for me. They're tough, but eating one really feels like a meal and when you're hungry, they'll satisfy you.
    You do want to have a drink handy, though. :D

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ignore the more protein, less carb crap. You'll do yourself more harm than good and like you said you'll lose alot of energy. Your body will break down the Leucine and Valine in the proteins you eat to convert them to energy. This conversion is about as efficient and effective as trying to start fire with a pile of grass. Keep the carboyhydrates in your diet and reduce your overall caloric intake. Ignore this bs about carbs, and Atkins diet bullshit unless you want Ketosis, kidney stones, lethargy, and other fun things. Watch the overall fat and calorie intake in everything you eat. Make yourself a diet with 200 less calories than you normally eat a wee, and ween yourself off of a high calorie diet. After the initial week, bump it up to 300, and so on until you reach proper intake to give yourself a stable weight that you want. This will help your body adjust better and prevent you from going into a glycemic shock.
    Last edited by Equipoise; 1/17/2005 11:51am at .

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 12:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Akira, I disagree, I've done the low carb diet for what will be a year in February. I've lost 85lbs, and I'm still losing. I've never felt a loss of energy, my muscles are actually getting bigger, and haven't had any ill effects. Now that being said, I also don't eat what the everyone thinks of as the Atkins diet. I eat plenty of vegetables, good amounts of fruits, I keep the red meat down to once a month, butter about once a month, I don't eat fried foods, drink about 150oz of water a day, romaine lettuce salads at least once a day, drink soy milk, and grill all my meats . I also don't think that the Atkins diet is for everybody, I think people have to look into what they are eating to see what makes them fat.

Antman, as for your question, a good snack would be a glass of low carb/low fat chocalate milk, I think Hood and Le Carb make good ones, or these low carb/low sugar flavored soy milks ie. Vanilla, Chocolate, Capuccino.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 12:18pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I'd suggest finding something that you enjoy eating that's pretty healthy. For example, I snack on oranges, because I like oranges, and they're like 34 calories each.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    I also don't eat what the everyone thinks of as the Atkins diet. I eat plenty of vegetables, good amounts of fruits....

Do I need to comment? :-) Also, your muscle growth is due to your physiological change and the loss in weight, not due to a low carbohyrdate diet. And... stay away from Soy dammit.

http://www.westonaprice.org/myths_tr...ruths_soy.html

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459516

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/soyinfo/a/soy.htm
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast