Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 1:16pm

Style: shido/ streetfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All yeah, my entourage and me should be present for this throwdown baby! I really want to test.. No wait, my whole team wishes to test their prowess against this cracker fellow.
    Is he really that damn good?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 1:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    As for timing: I'm game for late Febtober (/sean connery reference).
    Sean Connery sucks, Roger Moore is da man!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 1:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lama_xy
    Please...not on a Saturday!!! Sunday would be better for me.
    Yeah, do fix the schedule in favor of this guys attendance! I want to challenge him in a MMA match (so does the rest of the team), instead of the no ground fighting rules we always do.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 1:45pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like an emerging preference for Sunday, Feb the 20th. It'll be good to see some of the "classic" guys from the "Kicking Ass on the Grass" throwdown back in October.

My only request would be that someone else bring a pair of 12, 16, 20oz gloves, or karate-style hand protectors (someone 100% sure they can attend). Getting punched in the face repeatedly with 4oz gloves was a bit too damaging, and like some, I have to keep appearances up for my job (and in some cases, my school). That way, guys just doing stand-up can wear gloves more appropriate for that.

Maybe it's more real to have the near-bareknuckled shots, but I come to these things to have fun, and to learn, in that order. :P

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 2:15pm

Style: slappy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by justA black guy
    All yeah, my entourage and me should be present for this throwdown baby! I really want to test.. No wait, my whole team wishes to test their prowess against this cracker fellow.
    Is he really that damn good?
    No.
    Actually he's short and kind of fat with little cardio conditioning and limited groundfighting ability. :icon_puke

Mike

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 2:42pm

Style: non-aliveness BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracker
    No.
    Actually he's short and kind of fat with little cardio conditioning and limited groundfighting ability. :icon_puke

Mike
    sounds like we are related.... :biggrin:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 3:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    Looks like an emerging preference for Sunday, Feb the 20th. It'll be good to see some of the "classic" guys from the "Kicking Ass on the Grass" throwdown back in October.

My only request would be that someone else bring a pair of 12, 16, 20oz gloves, or karate-style hand protectors (someone 100% sure they can attend). Getting punched in the face repeatedly with 4oz gloves was a bit too damaging, and like some, I have to keep appearances up for my job (and in some cases, my school). That way, guys just doing stand-up can wear gloves more appropriate for that.

Maybe it's more real to have the near-bareknuckled shots, but I come to these things to have fun, and to learn, in that order. :P
    maybe you might wanna go 35% and work on "flow"/counter/footwork etc? at least then...you can use 4 oz gloves or bareknuckles w/o having to worry about some guy trying to take your head off. CMAs usually do this under the assumption that speed and power can be added easily, ie intent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 3:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by justA black guy
    Yeah, do fix the schedule in favor of this guys attendance! I want to challenge him in a MMA match (so does the rest of the team), instead of the no ground fighting rules we always do.
    i wonder what i did to jabg and his crew the last few throwdowns because this is beginning to sound pretty personal to me :love7:

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 7:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The 20th it is, 1pm as usual. If Awtkast still exists and wants to do us a flyer that'd be dope, otherwise maybe someone else wants to get on that part? My graphics skills are nil.

I'll bring my 12oz as well as my 4oz, if samurai steve will bring some 4oz and do a limited-contact MMA round with me.
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Posted On:
    1/18/2005 10:15pm

Style: slappy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My goal for this next throwdown is to work lighter contact, but less rules/more ranges. I'd like to learn more from you guys...The old dog wants more tricks.

Mike
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast