Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2005 11:49pm

Style: non-aliveness BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    steve,

kimura from guard and arm/elbow submission from scarf hold.

you also forgot about your "match" with Russell where he slammed you like Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 12:02am

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was awesome! Russell almost did it again, too, we had to tell him that two dakiage in a row was pushing his luck....

that's when you go for the knee sweep bro!
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 12:06am

Style: non-aliveness BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 12:08am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha, forgot about the Russell match!

That sucked, indeed. I could have maybe taken another one or two, but I honestly had no idea what to do at that point.

As for the recollections by Xango and lama, those are more accurate.

However, with Xango, I wanted to do more, but he has his legit reasons for stepping out when he did. I'm hoping that more guys will step up for some gi-style MMA at #6, or can keep it fairly controlled if we do it no-gi.

My groundfighting sucks, for obvious reason: I have had few sessions and opportunities to work it. I make it to the class when I can, which isn't often enough. But hopefully, the more open schedule next quarter makes it more possible.

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 12:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope not to have suffered a week's bronchitis by the next one, steve. Next time we can set a time limit if you want. The main reason I didn't continue was the psychology of entering in for MMA sparring without a time limit; when you tapped I considered it 'over' and didn't want to go 'again'.

Next time I hope we get more people (jabg where were you man) and, y'know, a place where we can film things. Ideally with more mat space.
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 12:47am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, for sparring, I like time limits more than KO/tap out stuff. Just a personal pref.

btw:

Injury report:

Tweaked foot (no idea from what)
    Bruised, swollen right knee (from hitting SOMETHING hard on Xango)
    VERY sore shoulders
    VERY sore neck
    Bruised nose.

btw, I see SOM viewing this thread. Thanks for coming by with yer spouse, and hopefully, your nose stopped bleeding by now!

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 12:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that something may well have been the mat, Steve. The tweaked foot is probably from when Russell put you in that crazy standing ankle lock.

Hi SOM!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 2:03pm

Style: Big-Fat-Guy-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wanted to say thank you to Xango for setting up the event, and to everyone that I got a chance to work-out with. It was good to see so many people working out together from so many differenet backgrounds. I had a really good time and learned a lot. Thanks for your concern about the nose Samurai_Steve I did finally stop bleeding. Props to Oscar for showing me how vulnerable to the jab I am. I'll try to move around a little next time to make it a little tougher for you!
    I really enjoyed sharing observations with Patrick, Reese, Charles and Ian on and off the mat, and it was good watching Lama_XY and Russ going at the technical side on the floor mat.
    I hope everyone recovers from the injuries suffered quickly and easily and hopefully I'll be available for the next one.

SOM
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415