Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    1/20/2005 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One someone gets me in kesa the first thing I try to do is not only escape but win the match.
    If they are thin enough I can often reach my free arm around their back and grab their forearm by going under the armpit(in wrestling terms it would be a "one on one") if I can get it and pull hard they are in a world of trouble.There's a couple ways it can go from here but they all lead to me getting his back with hooks in, unless I screw something up.
    It is my match to lose.
    If I find I can't get the one on one and subsequent easy win, THEN I start looking to escape by getting on top.
    If I can't then I look to get guard.
    I think it's important to consider not just escaping but where you escape to.
    I know a couple good escapes that if tried vs a skilled grappler will usually leave me under north/south which is often an even suckier position.

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    1/20/2005 12:38am

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Must spread some reputation around before giving it to Strong Machine and JohnnyS again*

I am consistently amazed at how much higher ranking people know and how much I have to learn, can't thank you enough for all the help.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 5:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Machine
    One someone gets me in kesa the first thing I try to do is not only escape but win the match.
    If they are thin enough I can often reach my free arm around their back and grab their forearm by going under the armpit(in wrestling terms it would be a "one on one") if I can get it and pull hard they are in a world of trouble.There's a couple ways it can go from here but they all lead to me getting his back with hooks in, unless I screw something up.
    It is my match to lose.
    Nice. I hadn't thought of that. This would work well instead of going for the standard torso grab and bridge escape.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123