Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Marasmos

Posted On:
    1/16/2005 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wanted to prove to everyone that Kenpo (a TMA) is a good art to study if you've got the right instructor.I'm definitely sore today, those legs shots took their toll , nothing a few Advils and some coffee won't cure LOL.
    As I said in peson, my own experience with Kenpo has been terrible so I had my doubts. They have now been disspelled.
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2005 6:03pm

Style: Eskrima/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad Clyde could bring it......You should get a chance to sit in on his teaching sometime, he really takes it to another level.

Kenpo Instructor

Posted On:
    1/16/2005 6:09pm

supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar Wong
    I want that video as my avatar. Don't worry about the ribs, it's not that you were kicking too hard, it's that you timed my advance so well that I kind of ran right into it. But you're right, that body lock really sapped my strength :)

I didn't know if I was going too hard on the legs...it was the only thing I could land on you. I think it was the only thing that any of us could land on you. I never had any doubts about Kenpo in the right hands, but now I have some experience to back that thought up as well.

PoleFighter,
    Not as many people as we all thought were going to show up. I would say about 12 - 15, but I'm probably off.

Asia,
    It would just be one more beating I would have to add on. It's not like I'm ever expecting to win yet, so I'll just have to make sure my medical insurance is all paid up.
    Nah, I'm used to it, the leg kicks weren't too hard, if they would have been, you'd have gotten a taste of the ones I use to really punish people when they get stupid LOL I've actually been told that I fight too technical, I don't just get in and brawl, that I like to pick targets and hit them and they can't stand that. Can't wait for the next one, how bout you?

Clyde
    Last edited by Clyde; 1/17/2005 8:33pm at .
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

Put down your purse!

Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

"For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

--"How McPherson Held the Floor"

Kenpo Instructor

Posted On:
    1/16/2005 6:15pm

supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPKO3
    As I said in peson, my own experience with Kenpo has been terrible so I had my doubts. They have now been disspelled.
    That's OK, that's the way most people here see Kenpo, and it's really annoying when I have to take the heat for their stupidity cuz I'm Kenpo LOL. I'm glad you got to see Kenpo at it's best and sorry you couldn't have been more UP for the event with the schedule you had to keep. You're right, that's dedication and heart and my hat is off to you for making it and taking it.

The other guy's name is Brian BTW. Not really my student ( he is now that he's left his previous instructor but stayed in his/ our org. the LTKKA) but I've trained him quite a bit in the finesse of the art and fighting skills.

Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

Put down your purse!

Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

"For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

--"How McPherson Held the Floor"

Chemist

Posted On:
    1/16/2005 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't have much to post now, still in Vegas.....

thanks to everybody who came, had an awesome time. Clyde is truly an ironman of striking. I totally pussed out on the striking as I was so completely outclassed it wasn't even funny. Thanks to Clyde for showing "the real" kenpo. Thanks to Omega for showing me once again how important leg/ankle/heel locks are. Thanks to Scott Adams for not ripping my limbs from my body when rolling with him. Thanks to Beatdown Ritchie for giving tips on the ground, once he mounted me I couldn't get him off. Thanks to Hapko and Phrost for rolling with me and I hope I didn't reinjure anything on anybody. I've got plenty of video and pictures that will have to wait until after I get back home on Monday evening, then there will be time for editing. Oh and thanks to Meex for showing even though he was injured, he took a lot of video as well.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 8:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will we get an offical list of praticipants ?

While you guys were enjoying rolling around and sweaty men and getting hit by kenpo people, I was ripping out carpet and painting my sisters new house !!

I really hate you guys !

[This space for rent]

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 1:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question; when is the next one? :D
    sounds like a lot of fun, I'm jealous.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 4:15pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, we need a head count here, just how many were there?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 4:18pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys just checking in. Not much time to post I'll give my write up later. What I would like to say is that UFC veteran and WEC promoter, Scott Adams thought you guys were a blast. I asked him to come so that he could see what Bullshido.net was all about. He's really interested in getting his stuff on this site now. He's also really stoked to see all walks of Martial Art patrons come together and have a blast. He was initially going to bring a highlight of WEC 9 which featured not only MMA but Muay Thai, and a performance by an XMA stylist. More later.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 4:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i hated missing this. next year i am THERE.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast