Sponsored Links Spacer Image

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    2/14/2003 4:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *shrug* Depends on what they train...what range are they comfortable in?

I know some little guys that hate me because I keep them at long range and pick them off before they can get in. If they get inside, I've trained my tight hooks, elbows and knees so I can handle them inside too.

JKDC is right though, take 'em to the ground and POUND them. You never want to go rounds with someone bigger than you. You don't want to grapple either. Just keep hitting.

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"You kicked me in the HEAD! You NEVER throw kicks! How'd you do that? Wires?!" - Sempai Phil (my last sparring partner)
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    2/14/2003 5:04pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JKDChick, what do you mean by "destructions"?
    I'm thinking of several things but because nomenclature varies so much, I can't be sure...

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2003 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two or three ways little people nail me:

Block or take a hit the best they can and get inside. As Bolverk said, kicking is often a technique that leaves me open to a fast attack. When inside, some small fighters are able to uproot me, both by judo jj type getting my wieght over threir center and by striking upward.

A little Kempo instructor would make himself even smaller and try to trap my strikes and pull me down or he would do sweeps from the ground. He'd attack from a very low stance, kicking mule kicks that would come in from below and they were hard to block. It's much easier for me to block a horizonal strike than one coming in at a 45% angle from the floor. Another little guy does stuff like duck under with a spin and do something like a upward hammer to the groin.

The best small fighter I've sparrd was an Chinese guy with a bb in Shito or Shorin who wouldn't back away, he'd hold his ground and do these small outward blocks when i charged and time it so I was opened up and he'd be real close real fast, tapping my temple, throat, and groin, just to let me know that I was officially "dead meat."

Comes down to the old "work out hard!"

oh, yeah, a was sparring a cute little woman and when I spar people like her I don't try to score with hard techniques-I mean what's the point, unless she is a great champion I could cream her easily. I think of myself as a big rough attacker on the street kind of thing and if I can get her down I think to myself that she'd have been raped and murdered that time. So anyhow I threw her down and went in for the kill and she did a perfect side kick to my gut. It didn't stop me, but I backed up and gave her the point, because she and I both knew that my groin had been just as open and I could have been lying there crying (don't forget the cup!). Her best technique was to keep thinking and keep fighting.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2003 9:58pm

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh, better watch for the groin shots. Since I'm not that tall 5'8 and I usually spar people around 6'1/6'2. But once I recall me sparring this 5'4 guy who kept getting inside and pounding me with uppercuts/hooks. (He slipped and came in)
    Anyway, after the third round I just relied on pure size and strength. I threw one huge push kick, then came in with a knock-out cross.

But I have to give it to him, the next day I couldn't move my left leg, and had this tremendous pain in my abs.

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
    <marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/14/2003 10:29pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basic destructions are: put your elbow where the punch is going -- it hurts the hand badly. Gunting (scissor motion) to numb the attacking limb -- that's a knuckle hit to the inside of the limb. Sticking up a knee to impact with a kicking leg's shin. Elbow down into a side-kick, against the shin. Keep tight, keep your shell, don't drop your hands.

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was fucking around with someone said he knew something along the lines of destruction. Bony bastard.

I's punch and he'd slam his outer forarm bone into the little nerve pocket on the inside of my wrist. Holy ****. I couldn't feel my forarm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 12:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sigh. Why does everyone think that there are easy answers? Why does everyone think there is some magic formula? You wanna beat bigger guys? Ok then here is what you do...TRAIN HARDER THAN THEY DO. Make the most of your skills, and learn to analyze their game on the fly. I'm sure you've watched UFCs or Prides and critiqued the **** out of some fighter. Well, learn how to do that in the middle of your match. Find HIS weakness. Most people don't have the same weaknesses and following a set strategy will most likely land you in a world of hurt.

As wastrel has said before: There are no shortcuts in martial arts. If you wanna win, then you have to put in the time. Accept no substitutes.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 1:30pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think its pretty ridiculous to see people talk on here about how they specifially handle a smaller opponnent.

Lol, you all are freaking morons if you think that you can determine how hard an opponent is going to be just by his size.

I use inside techiniques? Lol what is this garbage you are all speaking of, I bet most of you are fat lazy bums that spar light and think you can do it in a real fight....sigh I guess there is no point arguing.

Reading your ridiculous posts just makes me think how fucked up you are in the head.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 1:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they're unskilled/not good fighters? Fight them like you usua;;y would: if they're good fighters then you jusy have to try your best - being fast is what's important.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    2/15/2003 2:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and you are so much better carbon?

JKDChick-"Also, possibly I huck things at them."

what's that mean?

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast