Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 5:47pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighty McGee- :)
    I don't know about the whiping the body in mid air, I was doing two straight kick type things.

--

Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 6:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Different kick altogether then. This kick derives alot of its power from the mid-air turn.

Mr. fromLogan, are you speaking of a spinning back/side kick, or a spinning hook/heel kick? I was under the impression we were talking about the spinning hook kick. A spinning back or side kick can generate tons of power, and depending on who you're fighting, can be very tactically sneaky.

Edited by - Fighty McGee on February 20 2003 17:04:39

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 7:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking about spinning back/side, though a spinning hook landed and separated my ribs-different ones, this time on the right side. First time was in Hawaii in the 70ís. Last one was two years ago, done by a multi system bb who is a master at coming at you like a tornadoÖI have a classic memory of him hopping on one foot across the mat in a stupid kung-fu pose with a big grin about to explode into whirling dervish dude. We bbís have spent a little time talking about how to beat him. Most of the time spinning hooks don't seem that effective, but in the right hands... (so to speak)

I know this sound like Iím a big rib injured guy, but Iíve also had my nose broken a couple times and took a guy out of training for three months with a front snap to his ribs. I felt bad.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234