Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 3:43am

Style: hung gar - self taught

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greese1
    If they are so great why won't the enter a competition to prove that thier stuff works?
    They won't because they can not. They would be killed by any of the pro MMA set.
    Get real.

They don't prove it cause they feel no need to, especially to people like you. The need for the validation and approval of others is not held by those who have confidence in themselves, such as the aforementioned. Saying get real doesn't do anything to support what you're saying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 3:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WC wasn't invented to destroy all other arts in the sense most people seem to be taking it. Although it is highly effective (in my opinion) against all arts, when it was developed there was no exposure to BJJ and MMA and whatever else, just kung fu.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 3:56am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, and of course, they feed, dress, and house themselves with Chi and thus have no interest in thousands of dollars.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 4:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Levels, more importantly gradings, are how KF masters afford their swimming pools and overseas trips.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 4:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackal
    Levels, more importantly gradings, are how KF masters afford their swimming pools and overseas trips.
    So you're saying they are too busy running their cults to compete?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 4:39am

Style: Taco Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Arnett's one of the few (and I mean few - can count them on one hand) in Cheung Lineage who actually spar and aren't afraid of fighting, even against better people. (He was raised in ghetto Baltimore :/ ) There's a complete absence of groundfighting in Cheung lineage except for the three or four techniques that make up its 4|\|TI-G|24|D|DL3...

I agree with Sophist, needs to be more of this from the WC world so they can at least make an attempt to regain some respect...
    There's a TWC [Cheung] sifu in New York that does regular hard contact. He integrates boxing, kicks, and catch wrestling. He's over 50 too and is a tough old ugly sob.

Wing Chun Instructor

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 7:19am

Style: fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    So you're saying they are too busy running their cults to compete?
    Ala Rah Mula Rah

Ala Rah Mula Rah....

Oh I'm sorry.... praying to the Wing Chun gods of martial arts destruction :new_uklia

OK.... I would love to do more push-ups and spar with you but I have an animal sacrfice before lunch. :5hot:

But seriously.... cults? Come on Johny. While I will grant you that there are a bunch of wing chun schools out there that royally suck there are also a bunch that train there asses off everyday. You want to talk cult? BJJ'ers aren't cult-like?!?! This is not a slam on them. People will love what they train in and most of the time will develop a "we're superior" attitude about their art. That's not entirely a bad thing. Also... I do not judge a styles combat effectiveness by rule based competitions. Although I love and respect cage matches as much as the next guy I don't train for that. I also don't train to be a pro wrestler or boxer either.

I love reading everything here at bullshido even with all the wing chun bashing.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 7:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, he brought up mcdojo practices as being an alternate money source that freed WC guys from the need to compete. But I'm pretty sure we were both joking.

BJJer's are more . . . fraternal. We've yet to see a true BJJ martial arts cult, but there have been some genuinely cultlike TMA structures.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Well, he brought up mcdojo practices as being an alternate money source that freed WC guys from the need to compete. But I'm pretty sure we were both joking.
    Yeah heh, i've given up on the serious approach to things, comparitively it's not much fun. But about that, i thought you were asking why the level system is used, it's all about the money!

As for the "need" to compete, it is not felt by masters of CMA (most TMA i assume but i'm not too sure). Reason is that as someone who has a proficiency, but more importantly a belief in their own abilities, does not need the approval of others.

I know i kind of said this before but my thinking is the more i say it the more people will think about it ;)

bye

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony Arnett has about a hundred trophies and awards from kung fu competitions at his school.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast