Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2005 9:22am

Style: WC, Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ugh, 1 two year old post + 1 post that's basically the same as posts 2 years ago + 9 posts of STFU = no more "my REAL _ing _un is th3 d34dly threads" for gods sake! I've only been reading this board for a short time and allready these circular logic threads are giving me the runs.

Wing Chun Instructor

Posted On:
    7/14/2005 12:09pm

Style: fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mirth
    Ugh, 1 two year old post + 1 post that's basically the same as posts 2 years ago + 9 posts of STFU = no more "my REAL _ing _un is th3 d34dly threads" for gods sake! I've only been reading this board for a short time and allready these circular logic threads are giving me the runs.

are we forcing you to read it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2005 1:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, ehrm...no. :violent5:

Wing Chun Instructor

Posted On:
    7/14/2005 1:30pm

Style: fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well there we have it then :XXhippylo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2005 9:03pm

Style: Taco Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A recent development has provided great insight into "real wing chun"
    as taught by Leung Ting:

There you have it. "Real Wing Chun"? or "registeredsexoffender.com"???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 2:14am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahha nice pic. Leung Ting == McDojo owner extraordinaire.

RAKIM, How long have you been doing WC? You don't really seem to understand what you are talking about much.

One BIG REASON why styles like BJJ and MT do so well against other arts is that they condition hard for fighting and they practice fighting by sparring a lot! In the case of BJJ there is a lot of full contact sparring, for MT there is less full contact sparring but more focus on conditioning.

Now WC could rock if it had a similar approach. And given the diversity of schools out there, some do have a sparring focus... but... if your club doesn't spar, do much physical conditioning, and spends most of its time doing light exercise drills, then you are going to get your arse handed to you in any fight.

Perhaps try having a no- or light contact spar with a friend with some MA and see how you go.

PS: I tend to push the WC sparring angle a lot, and it has changed how I use WC heaps. I focus more on footwork, using the body to trap feet and throw with the hip and shoulder, and use elbow-drags, sweeps, and punches directly from blocking positions like bong sau. I only developed this way of fighting using WC after sparring a lot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 4:16am

Style: can o asswhip!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "RAKIM, How long have you been doing WC? You don't really seem to understand what you are talking about much."

The R-- LOL! more then 25 years but I don't think that matters. Maybe there was something lost on you in my post. I wanted to just make a few points.*

* the individual is far more important then what "style" they train. one person cannot represent a "style"

* The picture of a guy bending down to pick up a leg as a take down is pure bullshit and it should be made clear that this picture does not represent all wing chun. no matter how you see it lineage, methods, the dumb ass saying "the real" wing chun etc...

*this so called "anti grapple" is the dumbest **** on the planet next they will come up with a "anti" punch or kick ! these are just parts of real fighting there is no "anti" if you are stupid enough to buy into thiking this **** will work on a veteran in grappling, or striking. that is on you . Just make sure you tap loud enough and hope he's nice enough to let your stupid ass up before serious injury! That's not lineage or style that's fact.

*final point if you really feel like you are really learning "the real" **** then you should grab a skilled non- member of your club, school, cult, etc... and test it at full speed. If what you are learning works it will. If not **** the lineage BS and move on to a place that teaches the real ****. at that point it does not matter what "style" you are learning. if after a reasonable time of you training you can't get it to work on a skilled person resisting the you need to stop wasting your time.

Maybe this was not clear in my first post. but that's what I ment.

PS.- I agree alot of "styles" that do poor in the UFC and MMA events. the problem is in the training methods not the style itself. I know some may not agree. But **** it welcome to America. LOL!

(words of wisdom)
    Your opinion and Asshole are one in the same!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sparred with a well-known wing Chun master Anthony Arnett this week. His striking was good but there was NO chain punching. He stuck with sidekicks, roundhouses, and haymakers (wide looping punches) and front kicks. The sidekicks and front kicks were ineffective IMO. The front kicks were really snappy and I always ended up shin blocking them inadvertently even when he was aiming for my head or maybe he was trying to front kick my shins? He really only had success with his hooks and high roundhouses which was largely due to my vision impairment because of the bar faced head gear that they wear during sparring. They are the thick foam bar headgear that cover the face and make it very difficult to see peripheral.

I landed cleanly with many low kicks to his thighs, which did not make him happy. He kept switching stances and giving me the other thigh, which I promptly kicked. He then decided that It was time I got a taste of my own medicine a he started throwing some very hard inside leg low kicks. I shin blocked them all. We had on pads but I think he was trying to test my shins he kept trying to pound with the low kicks.

We got in a clinch and he threw a knee, which brought a big smile to my face. I returned with some really good knees of my own that went deep into his belly. I threw him down to the concrete from the clinch and he tried TO TAKE ME DOWN! I though that was cute, I escaped the ankle pick and punched him in the face for his trouble.

We sparred for about 10 minutes or so which was cool because Im used to doing rounds. The Sifu has great stamina for an older guy. He decided to stop at about ten minutes. I guess his lungs caught up to him. He is about 63 250. We sparred out in the parking lot of his school. It was fun to spar with a guy from a different style.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 9:11am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We didnt grapple this time, I'll go back on monday and choke him out.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 9:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Allright since at least a few of you are seemingly interested in actually talking about something, I've got a simple question for you. What would you say is a good ruleset, environment and/or gear necessary for quality _ing _un sparring?
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast