--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oooooo K

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grappling is the same as standing for me, if you try to wrestle me I dont grab back i punch and kick and knee and elbow with everything I can. I don't know how grapplers deal with this you all will have to enlighten me.
    watch UFC 1-4 (its easier than explaining it)

everything that you've mentioned is great in theory. unfortunately, theories do not dictate what is effective in a fight.

maybe wing tsun is an incredible art that i'm missing out on. however, until i see it used effectively on a resisting non-wing tsun opponent, my opinion will remain unchanged.

either way, good luck in you training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    heh sorry, no most replies at first were flames so I wasnt going to, but I browsed over here on lunch break today and saw some interest so I tried to reply

wing tsun is simple enough to explain in real life but much harder in writing, i didnt even go into any detail in any exact technique really

I passed my test last sunday for my black shirt which means I know about wing tsun but still suck, black with gold is know about wing tsun and a fighter and a red stripe on your pants means ur really good! heh just sillyness for recognizing levels when training with eachother, but still fun

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:15pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Incredibly strong and fast kicks and punches that are on the centerline take a good deal of sensitivity and training to deal with. "
    eye hand coordination to catch the foot, not sensitivity

"This higher level wing tsun is based around the biu-tze form which I have not even learned"
    oh really? bui jee, or darting fingers is also about regaining the centreline when it has been redirected

--
    I attack flurriously!
    Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:17pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I passed my test last sunday for my black shirt which means I know about wing tsun but still suck, black with gold is know about wing tsun and a fighter and a red stripe on your pants means ur really good! heh just sillyness for recognizing levels when training with eachother, but still fun"
    good for you, at my school the new punks figure out who's better soon enough
    what's this crap about levels eh?

--
    I attack flurriously!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ya I know alot of people would change their mind about wing tsun if someone fought, too bad...

i've seen ufc and can pause and explain what a wing tsun guy would have done to negate most all the grappling I've seen, but alas I'm still years from applying you'd have to talk to my teacher heh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "catch the foot" heh thats funny

your kicking in the center at the same time hopefully and they kick in the center so you make contact and then sensitivity kicks in or your kick hits them if their not in the center

catching, blocking all bad

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "grappling [is] useless" you say somone tried it against "simon" and it didn;t work - well let me just tell you that the person wasn't trying properly or "simon" was also decent at grappling AND that grappling IS good; if not excellent.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:34pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for your opinion son
    the only thing i would make sensitive on your body is after i kick you face or leave a footprint on your stomach, catching kicks works, after that you take their foot and run

btw i've studied WC for 2.5 years if that means anything to you

--
    I attack flurriously!

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Catching kicks cdoes work, it doesn't mean you will catch them everytime. Doesn't mean you won;t get very hurt from the kick, even if you are trying to catch it/be careful.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast