Sponsored Links Spacer Image

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 9:42am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordSaintSSX View Post
    IMO, Wing Chun works, ANY martial art works, its really up to the person. If the person wins a tourney, its not HEY THEY DO WING CHUN WOAH, its actually their fault they won. IMO, I think the techniques in Wing Chun and the system, at face value, works It got what your need. Its only when someone comes in and says their better then everyone else it gets annoying...

You can't really judge a whole system on one or two fighters, or else I could say Karate sucks cause KungFu Aki used it in WWE and lost..... see my point?
    --Emphasis Mine--

Let's have this talk... again.

IMO, meaning in my opinion, this is the fundamental failing of WC. It's all opinion. I can show Judo guys competing, on video, and show their techniques working. I can show BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Greco, Catch, SAMBO, San Sho etc. all working. Why? Because they all compete in a live environment against a resisting opponent. Because of this IMO becomes proof, and then fact.

You are right about the not judging off one or two fighters, you should judge an art of the bulk of the practitioners. Let's look again. I can show the bulk of Judo players fighting, and executing techniques in a live environment. Same goes for the entire list I posted above. I can not do this for Wing Chun.

Therefore.... Wing Chun does not work.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 9:44am

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Bullshit.

Thing is, you take any sample of people and some of them are going to be able to fight regardless of training. You've got to look at how a sample of people trained in a certain style compare with the general population.

On the face of evidence, wing chun provides no significant improvement on fighting ability. Learn to deal with it, or get some new data. Telling us about how you feel about it is going to get you nowhere.
    You think there's a chance they could make an IFL-style reality show pitting teams of various styles against each other?
    Or do you think it would just end with "That sifu didn't have the real _ing __un. MY sifu would have..."

To be honest, I'd watch it. I think the biggest problem with that would be preventing crosstraining.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 10:48am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by permahudef View Post
    You think there's a chance they could make an IFL-style reality show pitting teams of various styles against each other?
    Or do you think it would just end with "That sifu didn't have the real _ing __un. MY sifu would have..."

To be honest, I'd watch it. I think the biggest problem with that would be preventing crosstraining.

sounds like UFC the early years.
    BJJ was proved to be the most effective art to learn on its own back then.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will now map this conversation...

1: Me NecroThread (Uh oh)

2: Light hearted discussion about various Wing Chun techniques

3. Someone comes in and says Wing Chun is crap

4. Long discussion about Wing Chun techniques which eventaully delvoes into...

5. Insult, insult and more insults

6. You are here *long long sigh*

IMO, Wing Chun works, ANY martial art works, its really up to the person. If the person wins a tourney, its not HEY THEY DO WING CHUN WOAH, its actually their fault they won. IMO, I think the techniques in Wing Chun and the system, at face value, works It got what your need. Its only when someone comes in and says their better then everyone else it gets annoying...

You can't really judge a whole system on one or two fighters, or else I could say Karate sucks cause KungFu Aki used it in WWE and lost..... see my point?

Why William Cheung... Why Leung Ting... WHY!!!!!!!!!
    It is still some people's opinion that a lone gunman; Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy, even though there is substantial evidence to support the official story being false. That doesn't make their opinion right, it simply means they do not need proof to believe something and are too stubborn to accept they may be wrong.

If you do not need proof to believe Wing Chun works then that's up to you. Most of the people on this thread are experienced Chunners (myself included) and know from said experience that it did not increase their fighting ability. For god's sake get off your fucking soap box and listen to what we're saying for one second.

If your entire argument is that Wing Chun works because I think it does, we might as well just abandon this thread now. If however, you decide that you would like to look at your chosen Martial Art objectively and attempt to fix what is broken, you will be welcomed onto this board with open arms. It is only the deluded LARP'ers that refuse to accept what is staring them in the face that we have no time for.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 11:41am

Style: Nin Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO, Wing Chun works, ANY martial art works, its really up to the person.
    Nahhhhhhhh I do Yellow Bamboo Kung Fu and it doesnt nor will it ever work!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 8:35pm

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu31s View Post
    sounds like UFC the early years.
    BJJ was proved to be the most effective art to learn on its own back then.
    Exactly!
    Except with fight teams!

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 11:01pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshido's chun shun is actually a ruse and everyone who is telling every n00b that chunning sucks is actually chunning hardcore on their wooden dummies because it is a conspiracy because chunners don't want everyone learning their art because then it would be less t3h d34dly and all the n00bs jump on the bandwagon and perpetuate the myth when in actual fact Royce Gracie is a chunner and chunning is actually cool but in order to keep up the ruse on Bullshido they have internets personas that say chunning sucks and even I have been caught up in the conspiracy and shunned the chun and its obviously true because there are so many "former chunners" on this site and oh my god UFO....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 12:05am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Bullshido's chun shun is actually a ruse and everyone who is telling every n00b that chunning sucks is actually chunning hardcore on their wooden dummies because it is a conspiracy because chunners don't want everyone learning their art because then it would be less t3h d34dly and all the n00bs jump on the bandwagon and perpetuate the myth when in actual fact Royce Gracie is a chunner and chunning is actually cool but in order to keep up the ruse on Bullshido they have internets personas that say chunning sucks and even I have been caught up in the conspiracy and shunned the chun and its obviously true because there are so many "former chunners" on this site and oh my god UFO....
    that.. makes total sense...

check otu thsi video of his WT in action!

at 1:16 he stomps the knee with a frotn trhusting slant kick

halfmoon kick at 1:24

1:33 he engages in an arow step to close the distance and engage in trapping range.

1:35 is a perfect doubleleg sao and then at 2:56 he rains down short range deadly axe heel kicks to the spine

3:11 is a wing chun vertical punch as his other hand traps teh the othe guys arm.

the secret wing chun principals are all there to the trained eye.

thank you for letting me in on the conspiracy battlefields now I know the truth!

YouTube - Royce Gracie - UFC 1 - BJJ

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 12:48am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh dear God, x2z, that was a delusional fantasy rant. And you bought it. Fucken hell.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2009 2:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, and Kazushi Sakuraba's double chop is from Chum Kiu.

Baka... ..