Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:00am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Same bullshit. x2z, your argument is circular, if you lose then it must be you as a practitioner failing at timing or structure, not the techniques general ineffectiveness. You have basically negated the possibility of anyone proving or disproving .ing .un. If you win, you say it is the chun, if you lose you say you aren't proficient enough at the chun so really the chun could have won, but you failed the chun.

The chun wins in your mind every time, but in reality you are just a loser.
    That's not neccesarilly true. I've sparred before and slipped into a dempsey roll before landing a body shot and clinch with a few knees then backed off and shook my head afterwards letting my partner know that that wasn't my wing chun training and Didn't really count. If I use something not wing chun ro going against it's principals I acknowledge it and try to correct myself next time.

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:06am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why, oh why, would you apologise for something that works?

Edit, you didn't say apologise, but you backed off from an effective technique because it worked? And you try to stick to principles that don't?

Your delusion is outstanding!
    Last edited by battlefields; 9/30/2009 1:09am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because it implies that there is something more than the Chun.

And the Chun is all.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    x2z, you haven't answered my question, and I don't know of anyone on the board more qualified to ask.

If even experienced instructors can't put their teachings into practice, who can?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    x2z, you haven't answered my question, and I don't know of anyone on the board more qualified to ask.

If even experienced instructors can't put their teachings into practice, who can?
    K number one you are trying to pin the x2z thinks he is the greatest WT master ever. I really don't intend to come off that way. but to answer your question I dont know al the wing chun amsters in the world so I'm sure a more qualified isntructor out there exists. and I'm 100 percent confident that my sifu GM Swift would be more than capable of using his wing chun to great effect.

anyway as i was saying I'm a n00b plain adn simple. but the fact of the matter is: IN MY OPINION i think I have found the missing peice that makes all wing chun work and it is very simple. The bridge between all thsoe compliant demos and theory drills and real fighting is the I method.

I saw all of your video evidence. I saw a wing chun man get taken down without even trying his anti grpple move. No where in wing chun did they tell him to stand there and get taken down. the video I posted guy's sifu did not tell him to get punched in the head and stumble into teh cage to get tko'd.

So I isolated one wing chun move or idea. tan sao bong sao simultaneous punches off blocks ect. they have good and bad points but for the majority in every range including teh ground they were all applicable if I actually tried using them. You take one attack. the jab for isntance and then drill a simple effective response to it such as pressing tan sao and then you spar with it. you incorporate the other guy moving and timing and feinting and you get used to the correct understanding of distance needed to apply any MA move.

You get a real sense of timing for a resisting opponent. Most importantly during sparring you actually try to use your moves even if they get you hit. In doing so you will start to get hit less and less as you learn the correct timing. If the man in the video had done this and gone in prepared he may have done better.

Can i apply my wing chun? sometimes. I still eat plenty of punches but I also deflect and counter quite a few as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Edit, you didn't say apologise, but you backed off from an effective technique because it worked? And you try to stick to principles that don't?

Your delusion is outstanding!
    The problem comes from your outlook. you're not being objective. you're grouping it as boxing and wrestling clench: works and wing chun: doesnt work already.

If you group them both as techniques yopu're trying to learn to use under pressure my intent becomes much more understandable.

Heres an example: I suck at catching kicks. I ask my coach or fellow classmate to help me catch a kick then punch toss off to the side and throw a leg kick to the back of his thigh. I'm really good at steppign back at the right time letting the kick go past and returning fire with my own kick.

Now my natural instinct is going to be to cover or jump back since thats what I'm best at. But if I did that the whole time and only occasionally tried to catch it I would be defeatign the purpose of the drill.
    If on the other hand, I actually tried catching the kick like I'm supposed to to get my reps in it would probably further my ability to catch a kick.

Do you see my point now?
    Last edited by wingchunx2z; 9/30/2009 1:35am at .

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:36am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, I'm a huge fan of the I-method, being schooled early by SBGi. Yes, I suppose it can help you develop the timing necessary for wing chun to become effective, but I think you're in uncharted waters with that one. The I-method is only partly the reason for effectiveness of its fighters, the other part is the effectiveness of the techniques themselves.

Yeah, there might be better chunners out there than Mr. Sok, but that's somewhat unfalsifiable. Every time a chunner goes up and gets beaten, it's said that they aren't the best to display the strengths of the style. So if you can get video of your sifu throwing down, and then failing to put his techniques into practice, I guess he's not adequate either? And the next guy? And the one after that?

Then again, maybe you're the one. Maybe you are the chosen one to make wing chun effective and deadly in the ring. Maybe you are wing chun's Lyoto Machida. I have to admit, I'm very curious what makes you put so much faith into this system.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Picture again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandrun View Post
    Picture again.
    I'm sorry I dont have any pictures that say I'm an Idiot. I do however have a few of me in my wing chun shirt proving that I'm extremly lucky and receive good training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 2:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Took you this long to figure it out.
    You're an idiot.