Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 12:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MT/BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    squerril, that vid was completely uncalled for.

You sir, are an ass. I will commence with the push ups now.

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 2:31pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    topics like these really do get better the 100th time you read them....

:eatbabies

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:44pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes, like a fine box of wine

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 9:30am

Style: Reality Self Defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a FORMER Wing Tsun,Tsjun,Tzun,Chun student.. I have studied everything that they have to offer and though there are some talented WC/VT/WT people out there, the majority out weigh the rest...
    I have studied directly under Allan Fong, Emin Boztepe, Thommy Luke Bohelig, Leung Ting and the worst thing about all them was there EGO's.
    Allan Fong is nothing to write home about, He teaches the forms and that is it, now he has incorporated Chi Sim Wing Chun and made Siu Nim Tau a TERRIBLE IDEA instead of a little one....
    Emin Boztepe is RARE, there are not many people like him out there...
    However if you like it train in it, If you want to be effective on the streets, CROSS TRAIN....

End of story, there is no ONE HOLY GRAIL to Martial Arts, What works for one will no work for the other and regardless you always have YOUR INTERPRETATION of the system.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 9:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    paging Is It Fake

we have another one to play with

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 10:08am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is alot of Wing Chun/Tsun/Tjun threads on here but this one is probably the best i've seen for pure bullshit value.

Its amazing the amount of people who come on here and think that 'these people have obviously not seen the REAL Wing Tsun'.

I trained in Wing Tsun (various lineages) for a good six years and although i enjoyed the training i pretty much feel like i wasted my time and i would have been better served to join a BJJ or MMA school.

In my opinion if sparring and real Alive training was introduced to every Wing Chun/Tsun school the number of students training would decrease tenfold overnight.
    This is because people want to beleive there is an easy way to learn to fight, they dont want to be punched in the face and train to the point of exhaustion but it's the ONLY way.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada
    In my opinion if sparring and real Alive training was introduced to every Wing Chun/Tsun school the number of students training would decrease tenfold overnight.
    This is because people want to beleive there is an easy way to learn to fight, they dont want to be punched in the face and train to the point of exhaustion but it's the ONLY way.
    Quoted for truth.

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 4:51pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "a lifetime to learn...."
    I think I will open a driving school. Each day my students will practice driving in my studio. We will stay out of any vehicle because the streets are too deadly. We will practice the motion needed to turn left and turn right. I will show them the motion needed to accelerate and to brake. When they are ready, and pay me some extra money, I will show them subtle techniques like glancing in a rear view mirror, and turning on the turn signal. They will also get to use the wooden car, which will, of course, not move. I will tell many stories of how many miles I have driven. Finally, I will teach one student how to shift. This student will be the REAL driver.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 6:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw
    Quoted for truth.
    Seconded.

However, can anyone please enlighten me why the WT schools apparently are that crappy/have that miserable reputation over in the USA? - I have seen lots of material on youtube already, and neither the training nor the r33l fighting looks anyway close to what I am doing. - I am exactly practicing WT because in my area, it's the only serious (!) dojo, apart from a KFM one that focuses primarily on training for children...

You Americans have no idea how blessed you are living in a country with a dense MA infrastructure...

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 7:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You Americans have no idea how blessed you are living in a country with a dense MA infrastructure...
    Blah Blah Blah.

I am exactly practicing WT because in my area, it's the only serious (!) dojo, apart from a KFM one that focuses primarily on training for children...
    Video Plz.

You know in a couple weeks I have vacation and you just gave me a good Idea for a _ing _un FAQ.
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 ... LastLast