Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 11:09am

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a question. I am not trying to put it down or anything, I just want to know something.

1.How would WT protect themself against such powerful kick of Muay Thai? I have never know anyone who can block kick from a Muay Thai with their arms so often without hurting themself seriously.

2.What kind of defense do they use against take down?

3.What kind of ground fighting do they do?

If you say go and see for myself then you better buy a ticket and come to Las Vegas and show it to me (or pay for all expense and I will go there or whereever you want me to). I don't waste my time running to every school to check something that I readed on line out.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 11:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i should be going to a wt place today, so i'll see what i can find out...maybe..
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 11:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man who cares about the UFC? I mean I watch it all the time and enjoy the competition like I enjoy watching a good light-weight boxing match. Ortiz vs Shamrock is like Vargas vs Dela Hoya. But its not the Ultimate Proving ground. You want that, go to surigao tie yourself to another whackjob with a coil of rope then proceed to knife each other to death.

If we agree on nothing else, can we agree that the World of hand to hand combat is a little bit bigger than the Octagon? or Pride? Or Wving Tszchuan? lol that was funny there KC..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 12:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man who cares about the UFC? I mean I watch it all the time and enjoy the competition like I enjoy watching a good light-weight boxing match. Ortiz vs Shamrock is like Vargas vs Dela Hoya. But its not the Ultimate Proving ground. You want that, go to surigao tie yourself to another whackjob with a coil of rope then proceed to knife each other to death.

If we agree on nothing else, can we agree that the World of hand to hand combat is a little bit bigger than the Octagon? or Pride? Or Wving Tszchuan? lol that was funny there KC..
    perhaps you didn't read his post completely. he made statements such as:

Wing tsun was invented to destroy all other martial arts.
    There have been no wing tsun fighters of any quality in any prize fighting because no teachers seem to care.
    I am posting this because I think it is a shame that most people have not seen real wing tsun.
    I've seen people try to grapple simon, it does not work at all.
    other than flying out to california or driving 2hrs to NY, how am i to gauge the validity of these statements.

i don't take muy thai, yet i know its extremely effective. how do i know? because its been proven 1,000 times over in events such as pride and the ufc

and yet the style that was created to destroy all other martial arts has no prove that it is effective against any other martial art.

so pardon me if my bullshit detector goes off!

Edited by - andy kaufman on February 27 2003 11:43:14

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 12:42pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    real......*scoffs*

--

Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 2:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, Fighty McGee, do hereby renounce all other martial arts in favor of the one and only REAL WING TSUN, the best!

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 2:27pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nose like a lightning rod?

--

Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 4:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi again,

I'm not happy about wing tsun instructors not caring about proving their art to america, but none the less I still believe its true. Also the lack of quality and understanding in most wing tsun is very poor. I dont boast that I can prove the effectiveness of wing tsun myself because my training is far from complete. I'll try to explain how wing tsun is supposed to work more in depth and answer any questions about how to defend such and such attack... Wing tsun is based around the centerline, the fastest way for 2 opponents to hit eachother if they stand facing eachother is the centerline. The centerline is between the center of your chest and your opponents chest for your arms and the center of your groin for your legs. First thing you do is go forward on the centerline if your opponent is not on it then you win, you would kick and chain punch on the centerline as you go forward this bridges the distance and either wins (because its the fastest way because its straight) or makes contact with your opponents limbs who are also on the center which leads to higher level wing tsun based around yielding. In leung ting wing tsun this simultaneous kicking and punching and going forward is called the universal solution because it usually works on untrained people and its simple enough for any lvl student to learn.

The next part of the system would be yielding, all force not going towards the center can be yielded to by turning and using your arms to feel which direction attacks are coming. If the attack is not on the center line at any point you can just hit your opponent, yielding is only required when he attacks you on the centerline. Now yielding is where wing tsun gets hard and why not everyone can do it, you must yield with structure and technique while always remaing on the center line. A very good wing tsun fighter has forward pressure with both his legs and arms at all times after making contact and can yield and hit with arms and legs simultaneously. We are taught to never block and always go with the force until it deviates from the center where our opponent is then open for attack. Building sensitivity is not easy, but it does work fights are much too fast for visual recognition your reflexes are much faster than your eyes. Being able to fight on two levels (legs fight legs/arms fight arms) and have sensitivity in your arms and legs and have good forward pressure with technique on the center line is what makes the style hard and misunderstood.

These things are attainable though, in a year and a half I have learned reflexes to yeild to many different attacks while always attacking on the centerline. My training has been mostly arms so far though, I went to thailand on vacation and mauy thai fighters with a good front kick are much too fast for my sensitivity level. This is just because I have not trained leg sensitivity very much though. So instead of yielding to a kick which allows me to have an opening to attack on the centerline, I just get kicked before I know where to yield as my attacks arent meant to be strongest just the most precise. Incredibly strong and fast kicks and punches that are on the centerline take a good deal of sensitivity and training to deal with.

if anyone wants to ask questions about attacks and how to deal with them I'd be happy to answer, to the best of my knowledge. Wing tsun first learns to fight martial arts that are not on the centerline because this is what most people know. Higher level wing tsun is based around cutting through the centerline with diagonal attacks that are actually faster than straight, this is where I have no knowledge. This is when wing tsun fights wing tsun. This higher level wing tsun is based around the biu-tze form which I have not even learned. I know siu-nim-tao and chum-kiu forms and I know of an application for every movement in the form, even though I have two to three more years of training before I have learned to apply them in free fight.

I'd be happy to spar anyone in the bay area who has been training for around 2 years, but my knowledge and reflexes are limited. I'd attack on the centerline with chain punches and kick with my weight always on my back leg and I'd always try to go foward. I have a level 9 student lvl I have another 2 or 3 years before I become an assistant teacher let alone a full instructor which includes knowledge of biu-tze and wooden dummy. There are 12 student levels and 12 instructor or technician lvls. At level 9 I am supposed to be able to take out any untrained street brawler bar fighter type which I feel confident I can which isnt saying much imo when it comes to fighting skill. Anyone who is training biu-tze or wooden dummy without years of training is just fooling themselves their body does not have the reflexes to properly apply the form and techniques.

Lots of wing chun people try to explain to me how the centerline runs down my own body and splits my body in half and protects me and stuff. This is wrong and these people cant fight very well. The center line changes angle based on how tall or short my opponent is.

Grappling is the same as standing for me, if you try to wrestle me I dont grab back i punch and kick and knee and elbow with everything I can. I don't know how grapplers deal with this you all will have to enlighten me. I'll go spar some mma people when I get my first technician level until then I don't feel confident enough, fighting with technique and control is not easy. Someone fast, big, and powerful is still hard for me to deal with and my experience with range and timing during sparring is not where I'd like it as of yet.

Take downs I'd have to hear how each individual take down is supposed to go, to be able to explain how to nullify it. Just hitting on the center and elbowing, kneeing, kicking would be my first answers its hard to get close to someone who does wing tsun. Even when falling to the ground I'm hitting and kicking never go quietly.

I also have not trained antilocking techniques yet but most locks people try are two hands on one hand which results in getting hit by my other hand. We train our bodies to have reflexes where we remain loose and control our joints. Most locks have to use the persons own power against themselves when your muscles are loose you always have another joint free, I have not trained this yet only seen it. Strong mauy thai kicks that are straight need to be yielded to. Mauy thay is a hard martial art so once you yield to them you get a free hit basically. Yielding is easier said than done though without a lot of training. Any round kick just kick straight and go foward your kick will land first or many round kicks you can just move closer and they have no power most styles have a real hard time kicking and punching at the same time. Wing tsun guys love to get as close as possible because we train to have power within a few inches to be as fast as possible. An unbelievable amount of attacks are negated by just stepping in closer, obviously while attacking not just stepping into blows. I always try to step in close and fast before someone can even attack with long range weapons.

oh ya always remain completely loose too while having structure and not collapsing. this means that you always redirect the attacks instead of letting them crush through your defenses ie your hands, this is done by turning and in extreme cases stepping. If you want to find your centerline clasp your hands together like your praying then extend your arms all the way. this is your wedge it goes through everything.

hope this post sheds some light on wing tsun heh
    flame on!

gl with all your training guys, training any ma makes you a better person

well hopefully...

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:00pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    was the reason it took so long to reply to the replies was because you were writing that?

damn you, now i have to read that

--
    I attack flurriously!

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 5:00pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    was the reason it took so long to reply to the replies was because you were writing that?

damn you, now i have to read that

--
    I attack flurriously!
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast