Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 6:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shrug there are no secrets just math and science. I train with simon not emin so I cannot say how emin's teaching is. I respect other martial arts for their athletic achievements, but when it comes to self defense I think it would be hard to beat wing tsun. If you're ever in the bay area I urge you to come see for yourself...

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 6:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edited by - sanchinmaster on February 26 2003 21:28:13
  3. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 6:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PeeDee, watch your spelling. In order to not start a lineage war, you should really spell it Wving Tschxung Gung Fu. Also, you must recognize that Wving Tschxung has trapping! and chain punches!

Where else can you find trapping, PeeDee? I'll tell you, nowhere. You might as well give up looking, you'll never find it, especially not the super duper secret herbal formula as taught by only a handful of people on earth. Sure, it's supposed to be a simple art, but there's secret stuff in there. Like trapping!

Did I mention they have trapping?

No one else in the whole frikkin world has trapping. I can tell you that. I've fought them all, and they haven't a clue what trapping is, because they don't know the secret trapping schpiel.

Also, they have magic, except they call it chi sao. This is totally unlike anything else in the world, even similar things are completely different than chi sau.

Yes, it's a magical system, practice it long enough and you'll be able to walk on water, even when unfrozen.

The other great thing about the system is that it cures cancer, and guarantees your home will be free of bolwevils.

You wouldn't even believe how amazing this system is. I saw a guy challenge a Wving Tschxung stylist, and it was just like Dragon Ball Z, I mean, that was some fucked up ****, the attacker was screaming "NOT THE TRAPPING!", but it was too late. He was lucky the Wving Tschxung stylist didn't sever his sacrum with his sweet sensitivity.

and other outrageous claims
  4. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 6:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like wing chun(whichever spelling), but I don't like obvious lineage wars, the bias they create in the practitioners, and outrageous claims about ordinary things.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 6:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazillian Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ditto.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "The difference between us, and other martial arts websites you might be looking for, is that we're not going to feed you, well, bullshit about martial arts."
    -Phrost

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 7:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, that has to be the funniest post I've read in a long time.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Posted On:
    2/26/2003 10:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No comment.

--

Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 12:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <---ODing on the sarcasm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 1:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi,

The wing tsun UFC video posted on the news page was recently linked to me in an email when I was asking about wing tsun in mma competitions. The wing tsun guy (he's not a fighter) in this video is doing wing chun not wing tsun most likely and he is very low level. Wing tsun was invented to destroy all other martial arts. Today the most intact system of wing tsun is taught by GM Leung Ting. This is because he was the only one that Yip Man explained the system to. People other than Yip Man knew the system but none taught outside of china. So everyone but Leung Ting was shown the system, but never had the system explained to them, this includes William Cheung. This martial art is very very complex. Wing tsun is soft, it does not block it yields and recycles power at incredible speeds. You can do the form all day for twenty years and without understanding and vast amounts of chi sau you will easily be defeated. In america only 3 people know high level wing tsun and understand it, emin boztepe, allan fong (dr. leung tings old demo partner), and simon meyer 3rd lvl technician trained in germany. Maybe there are other students and technicians who trained in germany where leung ting's biggest western headquarters are, but to my knowledge none are better than the 3 people listed above. I have been training with simon meyer for a year now and he is a wonderful teacher. He also makes you believe in wing tsun being good at what it was created to do, destroy all other martial arts.

There have been no wing tsun fighters of any quality in any prize fighting because no teachers seem to care. There are 3 high lvl wing tsun instructors in america and less than ten schools that are teaching any sort of quality. Compared to other fighting disciplines you have far less than 1% doing wing tsun. I urge all you unbelievers to go see Emin or Simon and try some bjj or kickboxing on them. Granted fighting is mostly about the fighter, a wing tsun guy who trains 2 hrs a week is not going to stand a chance against any trained fighter who hits a bag 8hrs a day, no matter what style he is. Simon has been training for ten years and Emin has been training for over twenty years so they are both more than adequate representations of wing tsun. If you are currently doing any form of wing tsun then check your style with these simple rules of wing tsun that every student should know about, foward, yield, stick, follow and controlling the "centerline" -which is the shortest distance between the two fighters, or an invisible line which connects them from the middle of their chests.

I am posting this because I think it is a shame that most people have not seen real wing tsun. The article about leung ting being slapped around by a wing chun student in a seminar is a joke. I know lots of people will post that this is a joke, but its for real and here is contact information if you would like to see wing tsun work like its supposed to...

emin has a school in LA, I think allan fong has a school in new york, and there are also some leung ting schools in texus

and in northern california, bay area
    www.bm-wingtsun.com
    this is simon meyer's website email him for class times or pm me

P.S. I've seen people try to grapple simon, it does not work at all. I'd love to see more people come in and see how their art compares to true wing tsun

If heard this all before. Its like the regurgitated sales pitch of a vaccum cleaner salesman.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2003 10:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing tsun was invented to destroy all other martial arts.
    it may have been invented to destroy all other MAs, but your comment below directly contradicts this statement->

There have been no wing tsun fighters of any quality in any prize fighting because no teachers seem to care.
    so wing tsun practitioners have no interest in fulfilling the primary purpose of the art?

I urge all you unbelievers to go see Emin or Simon and try some bjj or kickboxing on them.
    why should i bother? emin ducked royce. and fights like a girl. (please see video section)

Simon has been training for ten years and Emin has been training for over twenty years so they are both more than adequate representations of wing tsun.
    again, please see video section.

I am posting this because I think it is a shame that most people have not seen real wing tsun.
    yes it is. they should compete so we can see.

I've seen people try to grapple simon, it does not work at all.
    who would that be? jj machado? royce? randy coture?

because if he one of the best representatives of your system, these are the people he should be grappling. not joe nobody who wrestled 1 semester in high school.

<sigh> you know, the more i hear about wing tsun, the more i'm convinced its the toilet paper of the martial arts.

Edited by - andy kaufman on February 27 2003 09:47:58

Edited by - andy kaufman on February 27 2003 09:49:01
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast